Chapter 17

Nicki took a look at her outfit in the mirror before running her hands through her hair. She was dressed in a white maxi dress with a white cardigan and some tan sandals. Her hair was straightened and she wore a flower crown on her head. She walked out of the bedroom and bumped into Lani on her way out.

Lani: you ready

Nicki: yup

Lani: well good cause we have like 5 minutes so I wanna see the baby's room

Nicki chuckled before she took her hand and head her to the door that had a black crown on it. She opened the door and they walked into a black and white room belonging to the baby. They had stuck to a black and white theme as it was so plain and simplistic yet could be very sophisticated.

Lani: wow.

Nicki: it's a amazing right

Lani: it really is. And drake designed this

Nicki: he did

She looked around just taking in its appearance.

Lani: I really like that

She spoke referring to the crown above the head of the cot with 'Reign' written underneath.

Nicki: that's my favourite part.

Lani: Reign. I really like that name

Nicki: me too. Reign Kyran Graham

The two smiled at each other before they were interrupted by drake walking over to them and wrapped his arms around Nicki.

Drake: you two set to go

Nicki: yup

They all headed off down the stairs and went and got settled in drakes car before they drove off to the gathering. It was drakes birthday weekend so he had organised a little get together for code friends and family. He had given the dress code to be all white and they were heading to his yacht to spend the afternoon. Luckily the weather was on their side so everything was going to plan so far.

Once they arrived they found everyone else already there and waiting for them. They all made their way onto the yacht together before it set off. Nicki sat indoors for the most part as she knew she'd probably get nauseous if she hung around outside.

Noah: how long you got left before baby is here

Drake: about 6 weeks, maybe less

Ryan: are you excited to become a father

Drake: very. I thought it was too early, but now that I've had the chance to watch and be a part of the whole process I don't think there's better timing. It's calmed me down you know

Abel: it definitely has..

Nicki just sat with a non-alcoholic piña colada as she scanned through her phone. Lani went and sat next to her put her head on her shoulder.

Lani: why are you being so antisocial

Nicki: I just feel like keeping to myself. You know how boats make me feel

Lani: yeah,

Nicki: here,

She put Lani's hand right where Reign was placing his kicks.

Lani: does that not hurt

Nicki: he's a strong boy

Lani: I can't wait till I get to experience this

Nicki: it's a beautiful thing to experience. Especially if it with the right person

Lani: aww

Drake then came over to Nicki as all his guys walked inside the yacht knowing he wanted some alone time with her outside. He reached out his hand she just looked up at him.

Drake: just 5 minutes

She took his hand and stood up, waddling out of the room as he walked beside her chuckling. He took her to the top floor and helped her to take a seat.

Drake: how are you

Nicki: I was fine until your son started kicking me like a football

Drake laughed.

Drake: well at least he's no ruining your appetite

Nicki: don't give him any ideas

He kissed her temple and took her hand.

Drake: well I wanted to speak to you alone

Nicki: about what

He reached into his pocket and took out a small white box before opening it revealing a sparkling diamond ring. He moved from the chair and got into one knee as Nicki gasped.

Drake: I guess if I'm gonna do this then I'm gonna have to do it properly right?

They both chuckled.

Drake: there's far too much I can say about you Nic. We've been a ride or die pair since you started at queen of hearts and I've been obsessed with you since, in more ways than one

She chuckled and kissed her teeth.

Drake: you in some way keep me sane. You make it possible for me to behave like a man rather than a teenage boy and I've never come across someone who can do that, to me especially. You're beautiful, on the inside and out and make everything seem so effortless for me. I can speak to you about anything, I can trust you with my life, I can count on you to make my day better just by looking at you and most importantly you love me for me and not for my money. There's nothing more I can really ask for in a person.

Nicki just wiped her tears as they made their way down her face.

Drake: I just what better time than now. Right this moment to ask you. Will you marry me nic ?

She smiled and watched him as he wiped her tears for her.

Nicki: Yes. Yes Aubrey I will marry you

A massive smile made its way onto his face as he took her left hand and placed the ring on her finger. It fit perfectly and Nicki just admired it before he stood up and got her to stand up too. He pulled her into an embrace before he pulled away to look her.

Drake: look at you

He wiped more of her tears before he leaned in and kissed her. She chuckled as he pulled away and smiled.

Drake: I love you

Nicki: I love you too

He rocked with her gently to the music coming from downstairs as she just relaxed into him. The sun was just setting creating the perfect atmosphere for the moment. He ran his through her hair again and fixed her flower crown.

Drake: let's keep this between ourselves tonight yeah ? We can tell people tomorrow

Nicki: perfect.

If you had asked either of them a year ago what they had thought was going to happen in the next year they would've have probably told you the complete opposite to what had actually happened. Neither of them had expected this to be the direction that their life headed but at the same time neither of them would change a thing...

------------------------

I'm really obsessed with the names Reign & Royalty at the moment like they're such cute names 🙊 anyway...
*sings* Don't act like its a bad thing to fall in love with me...

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X