Chapter Two ~ Running Away

Author's Notes:

1. This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

2. Any criticism, and opinionated reference to any race in this novel is only for the benefit of the story and does not necessarily reflect that of the author.

The TUTOR © 2015 by Jeni Ronato. All Rights Reserved.

==========

HOW DARE HE! How dare he kiss her like that? Rebecca was so shocked it took her a while to move a muscle after Ehab left her. She sat again on the chair she had vacated. She wanted to cry as she sat back, but no tears came. She leaned forward and rest her head on her hands. She wanted to scream, but voice would come out of her throat.

She thought she had forgotten everything, but she had been fooling herself all along. How could she really forget when a part of him would always remain with her?

She took a deep breath and stood. There is only a way to keep her sanity about her.

She must leave as soon as morally possible.

Ehab sat at the foot of his bed confused. He had waited for this moment to come, and he had been preparing for it. When he had known that Rebecca was one of applicants for the tutor's post, he had not thought twice about accepting her. Something in him wanted to see her again, yet he dreaded to at the same time. He had wanted to ask for forgiveness, for being unable to prove his love for her. Yet, he had been angry, too for she was so quick to give up on him. She was still beautiful, just as he remembered her. Her hair was still long, and his fingers ache to run themselves in it. However, something about her seemed to have changed so much. He couldn't understand what, but he just knew that she was not the same girl he met five years ago..

Ehab had been reading an inspiring message from a social network, when he saw a picture of a pretty woman who was a member of the same group in the network. Her name was Rebecca. She commented on something and he saw her there. He clicked her picture to see her profile. Her profile was very clean and her posts were mostly inspiring quotes and pictures of her traveling. She has long hair with big curls. The more he looked at the picture, the more he was convinced he had to know her.

Rebecca didn't know how she was able to get out of the Manor and go home. So shaken was she about meeting Ehab. She hadn't known that her employer, Mr. Muhammad Ali Al Ameri would be none other than her ex-boyfriend, Ehab.

"My full name is Ehab ibn Muhammad ibn Ali Al Ameri."

Of course, how could she have been so remiss? Ehab had told her his full name when she had asked about it one time. They had been friends at that time, long before they became lovers.

Five years ago..

"Hello, my name is Ehab Al Ameri." a message popped up on her screen.

"Hi. How did you get to know my profile?" Rebecca replied.

"I saw it on same page you like. I would like to be friends with you." He explained, his English was a bit lacking.

"I am sorry I don't make friends with the moon." she said.

"What you mean?"

"Well, I don't make friends with people who use the moon as their profile picture."

She was surprised when he sent a picture of him. Boy, he was handsome!

"You see me my photo?" he asked.

"Yes." she said.

"Did you like?" he asked in broken English.

"What do you want?" she typed exasperatedly.

"I want us to know another more. And please help me more English." he replied.

Rebecca had thought there was nothing wrong in making friends with someone from different country, so she consented..

She was broken out of her reverie when the driver announced the next stop which was hers.

She really have to resign.

Upon arriving home, Rebecca was greeted by her son, Caleb.

"Mom! You're early!" Caleb asked. As time passed by, Caleb was becoming more like the image of his father, Ehab.

"Hello, honey. Let me change into something first and wash my hands, ok?" She said. As much as she would like to give him a hug, Rebecca was careful not to transfer any germs she might have from traveling to her son.

"Where's mom?" Rebecca asked about her mother.

"Nana's in the kitchen making pancakes."

"Pancakes in the afternoon?" she inquired.

"Yes! I was a good boy, so she make me some." Caleb said proudly.

"Hi, mom." she greeted her mother. One look and her mother became concerned.

"You're early. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just fine. Caleb's father came and I decided to leave early."

"What?!" her mother asked. Rebecca was puzzled.

"What do you mean what?"

"You said Caleb's father came.."

"Oh, did I say that? I mean Sarah's father came and let me go home early."

Her mother wanted to ask more, but didn't pushed the subject. If Rebecca wanted to tell her something, she knew she would.

After washing and changing, Rebecca went to the salon where her son was engrossed with his coloring books and sketchpad.

"Someone is busy, I guess."

"Hi, mom!" Caleb stood and gave his mom a big hug. Rebecca lingered and a tear left her eye. It didn't escape Caleb's notice.

"Why are you crying?" he asked.

"No, mommy's not crying, I am just tired and I yawned that is all." she lied.

Caleb didn't look convinced, but let it be. He was a smart boy.

She was scared and confused. She was scared of the possibility that Ehab may demand rights to be with Caleb or worse, full custody. A son was considered a prized possession in the Middle East. She might be even out of the picture in her son's life while he remarry some virgin offered by a wealthy family. Ehab was a widower and for some, marriage to him would not be so bad, but she dared not venture that way.

Why, do you still love him?

Rebecca never believed in lying to oneself. She knew she still loved Ehab, but the heartaches that were caused from that love were enough to make her go. She heard stories from other women who dated men from Middle East that those men rarely became faithful after marriage. Well, she had been the other woman while he waited for his marriage. She could not accept the fact that he had professed love for her while he had been bound to another. She cannot lived fearing there may be other women waiting for him just like her.

She wanted to be the only one. But with Ehab, she had been just the other, for he already had his one.

Tomorrow morning, she would definitely hand her resignation letter.

========== 

So, dear readers, how was it? I would love to hear from you. There may be some lapses on grammar or typo error and such, so please be nice in pointing it out. Thank you!