The Lonely One

I walked into the church. It smelt of tears and death. I walked up the stairs to her coffin. I started to walk towards the coffin. Everyone staring at me as I passed. I look into the open coffin. I looked at the dead, soulless body. It was lying there in the coffin, eyes closed, and holding a rose.

I felt a tear fall down my face. I unhooked my necklace. I put it in around my mother's neck. Then the tears took over. I hugged the lifeless body that once held my mother's soul and cried.

I had no one. My dad left us when I was 1 year old. I had no relatives. All I had was my mom and now she's gone as well. I will probably go to an orphanage considering I'm only 6. The people here are random people that knew her. I hardly know 3% of these people. They all know me though.

The child who survived the explosion that her mother didn't. My mom saved me. She protected me from the blast but in the process it killed her. I'm the cause of my mother's death. Not the explosion. I'm the one who wanted to go. I'm the one she thought she should protect. I'm the one who didn't protect her.

I'm nothing without her. I'm none existent. If anything I'm soulless. My mom was the one who kept me together. Without her I'm a shattered heart.

I was pulled from her soulless body. I looked up to see a man. He had a face of sorrow and hatred. I wiped my face of the tears.

"Who are you?"he asked.

"A-Alena,"I stutter trying not to cry.

"Well Alena you need to leave,"He says.

"What?"I question.

"You are a horrible reminder of her death. You are the cause of it,"he says.

I burst out in tears. The man then starts to yell and scream at me.

"You are the worst human on this earth! You should have never been born!"he screams.

He then shoves me to the ground yelling,"you should have been the one to die!"

I wipe my tears and get up from the ground.

"Don't you dare get up!"he yells.

He then grabs me and picks me up then throwing me down the stairs. I tumble down the stairs my dress getting torn up and ripped. I tremble in pain as I get up off the floor to stand. I turn around to the coffin and the man.

The rose that was in my hair on the stairs lying on one of the steps. A tear falls from my face.

"Get out of here now!"the man screams at me.

I turn around and see that everyone that was sitting in the seats have gone and are no longer there.

"I'm so sorry mommy,"I say.

I then run. I run out of the church away from it all. From her, the man, even the people. I run to the lake. I make it to the dock and go to the end of it.

I stare down into the water. A tear falls from my eye to the lake and make a ripple in my reflection. I look up to the horizon and see the sunset. Maybe if I go to where my mommy is she will forgive me. Mommy can forgive me if I go to where she is.

I can make this right with mommy. I just have to go to her. All I have to do is go into the lake and join mommy. I then jump into the lake and stare at the sunset. The sunset then fading away as the water flows over my body and I drift into darkness to mommy.