Six

3 months had passed since Imani had joined the company and become Vincent's assistant. Although he was still a very cold man, they'd developed a routine that suited the both of them.

Every morning Imani would deliver coffee to his house and since they both wanted Benjamin the driver, they would share a journey.

At work, they wouldn't talk to eachother unless absolutely necessary and they would both leave at 6pm, Imani going home, Vincent to the hospital.

"Amy from fragrance development at 2:30. Don't forget."

She said, entering his office suddenly. Vincent hastily scrunched up the piece of paper he was drawing on and narrowed his eyes at her. "Don't you know how to knock?!"

Sucking her teeth, she handed him a pink folder. "These are the minutes from the meeting with Maher. I've copied out three but I don't know how I'll get them to your dad. Could you give them to him for me?"

"No." He replied bluntly.

"What do you mean 'no'? Stop being difficult and just get these to him." He pushed the folder back in her direction and turned to his computer, disregarding her. "Vincent." Vincent didn't move a muscle at the sound of her calling him. Instead, he continued to stare at the monitor. "Vincent." She called.

Getting sick of not getting a reply, she walked around his desk and unplugged his computer. He pushed his chair back, nostrils flaring, eyes wide.

Imani stood, back straight and chin up, not at all frightened of him. He planted himself directly in front of her, invading her personal space completely. He pointed to the cable in her hands. "Put that back in. Now." He said lowly. Imani swung the item in her hands, a smirk appearing on her lips.

"Will you give the folder to your father?"

"Of course not!" He replied. She shrugged, still holding onto the plug. "Miss Forde, I'm going to need you to plug that cable back in and leave my office promptly or else."

Not one to ever take lightly to threats, Imani pretended to think. After a moment, she shook her head. "I don't think so. Vince-." she began but was cut off when he bent down and picked her up, tossing her over his shoulder with such ease. It was as if she weighed the same as a feather. She shrieked as soon as he lifted her, the cable falling out of her grip. "VINCENT! PUT ME DOWN. NOW! I SWEAR TO GOD VINCENT, IF YOU DO NOT PUT ME DOWN.." Her warning fell upon deaf ears as he walked towards the door. He placed her down near her desk outside his office. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" She exclaimed as he calmly returned into his office, slamming the door shut.

Imani threw her hands up in exasperation. She shut her eyes and inhaled deeply, pulling down her beige peplum dress down as it had rode up after he'd carried her. She huffed, turning around and getting back to work.

A part of her wanted to quit but then she would remember just how much she needed the money and suck it up. At times, she did enjoy getting on Vincent's nerves and bringing his ego down a peg or two which was something he needed. He believed her was superior to everyone and that was something that irritated her to no end.

After getting to know everyone that worked on the same floor as hers as well as the ones directly below, she realised that nearly everybody felt the same way about the handsome executive. As gorgeous as he was, he was an absolute asshole who had no emotions.

Despite thinking he was emotionless, a lot of the women that Imani had talked to also wanted him in their beds. Many of them had had the opportunity and although they had gotten their hopes up and hearts broken, they wouldn't mind having another chance with him.

She didn't even begin to see why. Although he was attractive, his personality turned her so incredibly off him.

A few hours later and zero interaction with Vincent, her mobile phone began to rang. At first, she chose to ignore it but seeing that it was her mother, she picked up. "Hey, mom, is everything okay?" She asked just as Vincent exited his office with a stack of papers. He narrowed his eyes at her, wondering why she was on the phone. She groaned and place her head in her hands. "Mom, I'm at work, are you sure there's no way that-...Yes, I heard you, ma..." She checked the clock and sighed. "Okay, how long will you guys be?...Okay... See you in a few, ma. Love you too." She hung up and groaned.