Chapter Four - Final

DE piecé de/le resistiánce. I don't know man. This is the last ep of the series btw. Like a very short anime that is super good and ended short like why not make more omfg annoyinggg! Okay, enjoy!

-----------------------------

We walk through the museum, the number of people inside were still just as much. We reach a door that says ‘Staff Only. Roof.’ And Hermes pushes it open. Stairs, stairs and more stairs, until we get to another door. Although, this one is different.

The door frame was pure gold, massive amounts of detail was carved into the frame, and the door had a majestic feel to it. The handle was very intricate and again, made out of gold.

Hermes looks at me and digs something out of his pocket. “Here, a couple gold drachmas in case you want to call us. Pretty much any fountain works, but you have to be sure you’re alone.” He hands me the gold coins and I put them in my pocket.

“Ready to see Mount Olympus, Laurie?” My eagerness is literally radiating off me and I nod in enthusiasm. Hermes chuckles to himself and opens the door. Bright light shines from behind it, and then as it clears up I see what the modern day Mount Olympus is.

Everywhere was white, the floor was marble, the walls were ivory, the pillars were marble and topped with gold carvings, it was a place for Gods. Well, duh.

Hermes walked in with me following, and the atmosphere was just royal and ancient. There are no words to describe how light the air was, it was the most pleasant feeling I’ve ever felt before.

“If you’ve finished breathing like you’ve never breathed air before, we can move on to meeting Zeus and the others.” I laugh and hit him softly again, earning a couple gasps from passing people.

Hermes assures everyone that it's fine, and we walk towards the gigantic hall that was lined with twelve magnificent thrones. It was a sort of semi-circle shaped hall that had one really big and grand throne in the middle, the two one either sides of that were fairly bigger than the rest, but all were amazing in their own way.

They all had their own distinct feel about them; the one on the right side of the middle throne was a light sea foam colour with gold accents, and the one on the left side was a warm peach colour with gold accents. The rest of them were all different, but no lesser than the next.

“Zeus, where are you?” Hermes call out, looking around for the leader of the Gods. “I am here, my dearest,” is called out, followed by a booming hearty laughter. Hermes smiled, “come greet Laurie.”

I was then standing before the supreme God of Gods, Zeus. The way he was smiling though, made me comfortable around him and I smiled back. “Nice to meet you Zeus. I had such a good day today, Hermes took me to the subway, and I met Argus...”

As I rattled on like a four year old on their first day at school, Zeus nodded with a big grin on his face and listened intently. When I finished, he laughed. “Well, it certainly sounds like you had a good time, dear child. And you said you wouldn’t tell Hermes what you were planning on doing with this information, how about you tell uncle Zeus?”

Thinking about it for a bit, I gestured for him to come closer. Whispering my idea in his ear, he chuckled and patted me on the back. “That, dear child, sounds like a great plan.” Hermes looks at Zeus, then at me, and pouts like a child.

Zeus laughs, “come on Hermes, introduce Laurie to the others.” Zeus walked beside me, a hand on my shoulder and honestly, I thought I was dreaming.

At that moment, I thought everything that happened today was a dream. And I’d wake up sooner or later and be seriously disappointed. But it wasn’t and that itself was like a dream come true.

The middle throne was occupied by Zeus, the one on his right was by this man with a lengthy beard that was longer than Zeus’ and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and flip-flops. I’m guessing that’s Poseidon.

Again, I have to guess, that Hera was the beautiful woman sitting next to Zeus, and judging by the golden wheat plants intertwining around the next throne; the Goddess sitting there was Demeter.

Hermes left my side and took his own throne, sitting like the proud dude he was. Suddenly, I was standing the middle of a semi-circle of Gods and Goddesses. As I was looking around, I noticed someone in particular who sat next to Poseidon.

“Mr Finley!” He grins at me and winks, “hey Laurie, good to see you not wandering from the group. And up here, my name is Ares.” The shock had processed through me as I realized how awesome my biology teacher really was.

Zeus started speaking, “let us welcome a very special person to Mount Olympus: Laurie. She has shown much enthusiasm to knowing about us and does not pose as a threat. She is also quite a bright young girl and has a great idea regarding her newly found knowledge.”

Everything that Zeus said made me spark up and smile the brightest I could. Here I was, a mere, average school girl, being complimented by Zeus. Ha, beat that the Queen of England. Everyone started smiling at me and I was seriously beyond myself.

All the Gods and Goddesses made their way off their thrones and some even came up to me and spoke to me. Aphrodite came and told me I had nice hair, and that’s coming from the Goddess of love and beauty- I was this close to fainting.

Then Hermes had to take me back, and I parted with everyone. I gave a hug to Zeus, who picked me up and whirled me around, making me promise to visit whenever. Said goodbye to Mr Fin- I mean Ares; hugged Athena, who had called me smart and wise beyond my years, and got a hug from pretty much everyone.

Hermes took me away and we walked down the stairs back to the main hall. “So Laurie, did you have fun?” Did he really need to ask about that? “Of course I did, did you even have to ask?” Hermes chuckled and gave me a hug.

“And what did you learn from your experience?” That was the question that cleared everything up. In a calm voice, I replied, “I learnt that learning is something magical and eye-opening. At school, I never really cared about learning and school work; but now I know that learning is a part of life and learning things allow new ideas and parts of your mind to be accessed.”

“And that’s why this book is so important to me. Whether you believe it as a fiction or a non fiction book, it shows how a student like me believed in learning something new. And how that belief turned into opportunities. Thank you.”

I stepped off the podium and was swarmed by my parents and friends. That's what I did; I wrote a short book about my adventures with Hermes about experiencing Greek Mythology in real life. And I won an award, got recognition and they published my book.

My eyes scan the room as I look for someone whom I had desperately needed to come. Today was the day I got my award for the book from the Young Writers’ Association.

There, in the midst of the students and parents, was that man with the chestnut coloured hair and bright blue eyes. He winked at me and walked away, raising his hand to wave. I smiled, thanking him in my head for bringing me on the adventure in the first place.

And thus concludes my tale, my very entertaining, surprising, confusing and adventurous tale about how a girl who didn’t care about learning, learnt how just that could open her eyes to something more.

“Laurie, I found this gold coin in the pocket of your jacket. Looks valuable, keep a good eye on it dear.” My mother said, holding a bouquet of flowers.

I fiddled with the drachma, thinking about how my life had turned around just because Ms Taylor decided to take us all on a field trip to Kidson’s Museum.

Oh and if you’re wondering, Kylie didn’t get in trouble for loosing me. In fact, it was like I never left, which was kind of confusing but hey, that’s Greek magic for you.