Chapter Three

THIRD CHAPTER guise. LIKE omfg this has got to be the shortest story ever. Like. No. Way. SOOOO this is actually 40 pages on word btwfyi. Ugh. I need to upload my other story. Then get likeys and votes on all of dem. That sounds cools. Mr Bojangles. 

--------------------------

“So, mythical creatures huh? Like minotaur and stuff?” Hermes nods his head as we walk towards the entrance. “Wait, Hermes, what about my school? Won’t they notice I’m gone?”

Hermes thought about it for a bit, hesitating slightly and keeping his hand on the door handle. “Oh yeah, guess you can’t come now. Go on, run along.” My mouth dropped in shock, then just morphed into a smile as he started laughing.

“I’m kidding! They won’t know you’re gone, don't worry. Hey, I’m a God, a little magical pixie dust and it's like you never left.” I don't know if it's okay to hit a Greek God, but I couldn't help hitting his arm with the back of my hand in a joking manner.

He looked at me, “wow Laurie, you have guts hitting me. Aren't you afraid I’ll go all ape-crazy on you?” Kind of, yeah, but life’s too short to be cautious I think. “But you won’t, right?” He shakes his head and turns the door handle.

“Follow me!” We walk along the pavement, looking at the bustling traffic of the lunch time peak hours and hearing the loud murmur of chatting people. About five minutes later, Hermes walks to a subway station and knocks on the ticket booth.

“Hey Argus. What’s up, man?” The newspaper that was covering this man moved down, and behind the glass was a thirty-something man with golden brown hair that mopped over his bright green eyes. He looked gruff but friendly like Santa on a vacation in a hot country, like Mexico.

The man, Argus, grunted, “Hermes. What, has five-hundred years gone by already?” He stands up and walks out of the toll booth, fixing his creased shirt. “Nothing’s up, really. Like I said before, it’s not fun sitting here all day.”

Hermes smiled, “well, let me introduce you to Laurie. Laurie, this is Argus, one of the coolest people you’ll meet. He’s a guard, our protector so to speak. And it helps that he’s got eyes everywhere.” Argus walks closer to me and smiles, crooked teeth showing.

“Hope you’re into adventures kid, our world’s full of them.” He stretches his arm to shake when I notice something. What Hermes said wasn’t just metaphorical; he seriously had eyes everywhere.

On his hand there were around five to six eyes, some of them blinked and others just stayed closed. Getting over my shock, I shook his hand and felt a couple of the lashes tickle my wrist.

“This one looks good, Hermes.” They shook and did one of those man hug things, “take care.” Hermes nodded, saying that he would come by more frequently, and took me through the gates.

“He seems nice” I point out, following behind Hermes as we walked down the train station. “Argus is a good man.” Hermes and I walk in comfortable silence down to the end of the train station.

What he did next surprised me. “Come down, Laurie.” How about no? “Hermes, you just got onto a train track. What if a train comes?” Hermes had jumped off the platform and being the God he was, gracefully landed on the tracks.

“Well I didn’t think about that, considering there hasn’t been a train on these tracks for more than a century.” He laughs and starts walking away, “I would have caught you if you jumped but you’re too chicken so I might as well just go on ahead.”