Chapter 17

We were inside the Hog's Head and I turned around to see a figure.  Dumbledore?  "Move inside…come on!" his voice said as we continued walking and went down a flight of stairs to the basement.  Jake seemed confused and I gave him a shrug.  The mystery figure came down and I took in his face.

He had Dumbledore's eyes, and hair.  Except he didn't have the beard or the glasses.  He was slightly taller and slimmer build.  Who was he?  He then outstretched his hand.  

"Aberforth Dumbledore.  And you are…." he said "Elizabeth Jenkins.  And this is Jake Douglas.  So you're…" I started but he cut me off.  "Dumbledore's brother?  Yes.  We do look similar don't we?  Anyway, I would've expected from Potter and his friends-"

"Wait Harry's here?  Where is he now?  The only reason I came was because…" "He's actually at Hogwarts.  There's a passage which I'll send you down."  I breathed a sigh of relief.  As long as the deatheaters didnt' have him, we were good.  

"I understand, Elizabeth, he's your friend but did you REALLY think this through?"  Aberforth said.  I paused.  I actually didn't think it through! 

"No.  No she didn't.  She's like that quite a bit actually….but sometime's that's why I love her.." Jake said as he smirked.  I rolled my eyes and ignored him.  I could sense his mischievous grin as my back was towards him.

"So can we go now?" I asked as Aberforth pointed to the painting behind us.  It was of a beautiful girl, who looked similar to Luna, but had bright blue eyes and fragile porcelain skin.  She was wearing a baby blue dress, that looked of one of a doll.  

She was, basically, a doll.  She reminded me of the china doll's I had seen in antique shops around London, where the ballerina dancers always had pointed toes and frilly tutus.  And where the Victorian clothing was paired with light umbrellas.  

She was walking, with someone with her, then stopped and the painting door opened.  Inside was a familiar face.  "NEVILLE?!" Jake and I exclaimed as I went up to give him a hug.  "Hi guys.  Aberforth do you have the food?" he asked "Yes, yes, be patient Longbottom." Aberforth grumbled as he went back to get some supplies of some sort.  "Can we do anything to help?" I asked looking again at Neville, who had a scar on his forehead.

"Yeah, can you help carry anything?" he asked as Aberforth brought some packages of food.  "Thanks Abs" Neville replied as we took a couple packages and began walking down the dark tunnel.

We caught up with Neville on what had happened at Hogwarts while we were away.  "Snape's headmaster, although we barely see him.  It's the Carrows, brother an' sister you gotta watch out for.  They're head of torture." he said as his wand lit the way. 

"And the teachers can't do anything about it?" I asked "How much CAN they do?  They do their best though, even though it probably ain't easy." he replied as we continued walking.

"And what about that scar, on your forehead?" "Well instead of teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts, they actually TEACH us the Dark Arts.  We were supposed to torture some first years with the cruciates curse,  and I refused, so they punished me instead.  Hogwarts has changed."