Chapter one: Tea and Blueraspberry Muffins

Authors note: Hello! Welcome to the first chapter of this story. This'll be the first Mentalist fanfiction i've ever written. So I hope you'll like it. I'm apologizing for my bad English. I'm Dutch and still trying to learn new English words. It's a challenge to write a story about The Mentalist. Soo I'll just stop talking right now and start with the story. Enjoy! Oh yeah, I don't own any of the characters of the show. I'm just obsessed with them.

Chapter one: Tea and Blue Raspberry Muffins

Jane was as always laying on his brown, leather,soft but cold sofa, which was standing in the always busy CBI office in Sacramento. Various agents walked past him, busy to work on an exciting or boring case. A small male agent walked past him. He had dark brown, curly hair which was cut in a neat modern model. His hair wasn't too long, but also not too short. He had puppy brown eyes and a had just shaved his beard this morning. The man stopped in the middle of the room, looking slightly bored. He sighed and looked impatient at the pile of files he was holding in his hands. He flipped through some pages, not knowing what to do with his case. He had been working with his team on this case for over 2 weeks now, and they still hadn't any suspects or even found some useful clues.

Jane sat up, curious on what kind of case the man was working. The brown-haired man was still standing in the middle of the room, with his back to Jane. Jane stood up, walked over to the man and grabbed the file that was laying on top of the pile.The man gasped. Jane looked at him with his bright blue, innocent but naughty eyes. He smiled at the irritated agent who put the other files on the nearest desk. Kimball Cho's desk. Cho looked up, looked at the man and stared at him, without an expression on his face, as always. Cho didn't really care for the man and didn't want to start arguing with him. So he went back to his work, ignoring the pile of files which were taking a lot of space on his desk. The brown haired agent looked at Jane, who was reading through the files.

Husband murdered his wife, but only the feet of the wife were found, including the shoes. There were no signs of the other parts of the body. The feet were found in the garden of the couple's house. Buried. Their dog dug up the feet and dragged them inside of the house. The neighbour went checking on the dog because he had heard a lot of barking. He must've thought his neighbours forgot to feed the dog again. He brought some raw meat with him, feeling pity for the poor dog. He had the key of their house, so he could easily get in. He thought he would've found his neighbours watching tv, forgetting to feed their dog, as lazy as they were. Instead of that, he found the German Shepherd chewing on one of the feet. He called 911 immidiately. The cops arrived and they were able to seperate the dog and the foot. Forensics confirmed it were the feet of Natasha Parkon. The wife of the well looking business man Gordon Parkon who had dissapeared two days ago. Nobody had seen him leave and nobody knows where he is.

"Do you think Mr. Parkon killed his wife?" Asked the brown haired agent, curious to hear the consultant's opinion about this case. He couldn't solve this, and Jane was well-known as the man who could solve any case. In no matter of time. He surely would be able to help him. Wouldn't he?

"Hm."Was all Jane could say. It wasn't even a word. He tapped with his fingers against his chin, thinking about the murder. His mind was making up different theories while he looked at the other files and pictures of the crime scene. He grinned. "What's so funny about the feet? It's disgusting and sad. That poor woman must've been in a lot of pain while she was getting murdered and you're here making fun of it! Stop laughing alreaady!" Stated the brown haired agent. Furiously looking at the blond man who was still grinning. "Don't worry man. I just solved your case. Look at this picture. Don't you see this? Her feet are covered with big and small warts. Some of them are scratched open. If you look closely, you can also see small cuts on the bed of the right foot. This woman clearly wasn't happy with her feet.She tried to hurt herself because of this. You should look up for a woman who has bought a wheelchair two weeks ago. I'm sure you'll find your man..Uh woman." Told Jane without taking a breath. He put the pile of files back in the hands of the flabbergasted cop, who was both shocked and relieved. He didn't know what to say and walked to the elevator. Jane smirked and waved at the man. Then he walked over to his couch and layed down. Lisbon was just walking out of the elevator as she saw the brown haired agent's face. "What did he do this time?" She asked, looking at the still shocked agent. "Actually.. nothing. He solved my case.. But it's a weird and kind of shocking theory.." The small man walked into the elevator and pushed a button to got to his department.