How to Cope with a Broken Heart by BucketOfMemories

How to Cope with a Broken Heart: A Nathan Sykes and Barbara Palvin Fan Fiction by BucketOfMemories

*ongoing as of 4/13/2013 and still 2 chapters is released!

*English story

(sorry i cut off the title since maximum lenght is 80 characters, I can't published if i use the whole)

Description; © to author

Barbara; awkward, brave, confident, broken and is scared to love again.

Nathan; a superstar, singer, makes all the girls drool by the presence of him.

She wanted to love and be loved.

He wanted freedom.

Barbara swears she'll never date again.

Nathan swears  to mend her broken heart.

Will Barbara change her mind? Can Nathan bring back the sparkle in her eyes?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I’m an avid fan of Nathan Sykes of The Wanted. He is my ultimate bias of the group and I know a lot of girls (and gays) drool over him. I don’t know much about Barbara Palvin except her being a model (thanks to the author who is really a very big fan of her and also to him). I keep on seeing Barbara's face in my newsfeed -_-

I’m the wife of the AUTHOR. Yup he is my husband. We’re illegally married. Yikes! Confused?

We both go to the same highschool I’m his senior and he is my junior. You know in high school where you claim each other as husband-wife thingy ---- yeah that’s our relationship. I guarantee you, I will never fall for him (and he knows why!). We are both a big fan of Nathan (though he is a bigger fan). He also wants to be the next America’s (or Asia) Next Top Model.  I don’t really know how good he is in writing since I don’t much bother reading his works (well, duh except for this).

I felt compelled to do the review as a wife, a friend, and enemy and many more.  Though I’m not used to reading English romance type novel or story (I prefer tagalog) Though I’ve read a work of India Grey  of Harlequin Mills & Boon entitled  The Secret She Can’t Hide, I still prefer tagalog novels especially from Precious hearts romances.

This story is under – HUMOR and TEEN FICTION (though I strongly suggest that you put this under romance; I can’t consider this as teen fiction, usually a teen fiction involves characters in their high schools or colleges. But if you mention their ages…)

FOR THE AUTHOR:

I suggest that you use different POV  not just of the two main characters but also for other characters that are connected to them. And whenever you wrote “Nathan’s POV” (or the others as well) I suggest write it like this: NATHAN’S POV

For bad words ---- you are the first author here in wattpad I’ve read who is bold enough to spell the whole thing usually they write like this ---- sh!t, sh*t, f*uck……

Often use words that convey much more feelings that would make your readers cry, laugh and even cursed and let them feel that they are the character itself. Let them be attached. Example: “This pain inside that was brought because of him----- piercing in my heart like endless knives, I don’t know what to do except to cry my heart out. Of all the people in the world? WHY HIM? Why did I allow myself to be hurt like this? This unbearable feeling” (or some sort) Describe the pain (for example) that your character is currently feeling. I need connection between me and the characters. You could also give an adjective to simple action like instead of “I glared at them” you could use: “I gave them a deathly glared”

For flashbacks you could use this method : FLASHBACK and END OF FLASHBACK

There’s a wrong grammar… “Nathan, who is it being in one…..” I think it should be “ Nathan, how is it being in one…”

I think after sometime you could write a side-story of Karlie-Logan…. On how they ended up as lovers… or …. Huuuummm *thinking*

Though I predicted that the plot is common one (please let me be wrong) I want a unique story that would really stay on my mind for days. A story that i would willing ask and beg for updates as soon as possible.

-to be updated-

I can’t review this story yet since there only two chapters that was release while I was writing this down. What I just did was give my comments to the author himself and what he needs to improve.

If these reach 10 chapters… maybe I will already!

STORY IN THE EXTERNAL LINK