Chapter Fourteen

*Yes, I know, it’s been forever since the last update and I’m soooo sorry. This chapter isn’t very long, but contains some important information mixed with a lot of Garrett and Mychael quality time lol. They finally get to finish what they’d started, so this serves as your warning of full on boyxboy sex ;P Anyways, I’ve already started the next chapter since I decided to split this one up so that you all wouldn’t have to wait even longer for me to finish. Hopefully, this will tide you over :) But the next chapter will be full of action and intrigue as Garrett gets to meet his first Soul Eater and try to survive hehe. Enjoy!

Chapter 14

(Garrett POV)

I’d been unable to leave Mychael’s side after what happened. Seeing him so lost within himself scared me more than I wanted to admit. The blankness of his face, usually so expressive, wrenched at my heart and I wanted to protect him from whatever haunted his past.

Currently, Mychael was sleeping curled up next to me; his face buried into my chest and head pillowed on my arm. His arm was wrapped around me, keeping us pressed together. My arms were wrapped just as tightly around him; my legs entwined with his beneath the rough blanket covering us.

Mychael loved being able to touch someone without being drowned in emotions, good or bad. He relished the feel of our warm flesh connecting; whether it was a simple touch of our fingers or when we were curled up together like now. I loved it just as much; the silky smooth feel of his skin on mine was addicting and comforting at the same time.

My mind wandered to the mounting pile of questions that just seemed to keep coming. Each little piece of the puzzle that snapped into place always brought more pieces with it, making it more confusing and complicated. I didn’t know what to think, or what to believe.

I’d grown up with a fairly normal childhood; my dad worked as an insurance salesman for God’s sake. There was no way that my dad was a freaking Soul Eater, at least not the dad that had raised me. Were they right? Was I born here? And if I was, how the hell had I gotten to Earth and why? Was I really this unknown man from an old prophecy?

The questions threatened to drown me; the terrifying threat of reality too much to process. I buried my face against Mychael’s hair and breathed deep, allowing his sweet scent to calm me. Soon, we’d be to the City and would finally get the promised answers we needed.

Each day, before settling down for the night under the stars, I trained with Silvayn, and not just with the staff. She taught me what she knew about the Crystals and how to communicate with it. I was still unsure of the power I wielded, but I was slowly coming to terms with it. It was amazing to connect with it and entwine our thoughts in order to do something.

I eagerly looked forward to each lesson, whether it was learning to create a shield of energy or coaxing the very earth beneath my feet to obey me. The feeling was as empowering as it was terrifying, but I didn’t know if I was strong enough to be who everyone expected me to be.

All I wanted to do was protect Mychael; a life time of dreams pushing me with an increasing urgency. Something was coming, something dangerous, and no matter what some prophecy said, my only goal was to keep him safe.

No matter what, even if it was from myself.

I wanted so badly to bite him again; to feel him beneath me, writhing in pleasure as my fangs sank into his skin. I craved the splash of his sweet and spicy blood in my mouth, teasing my senses and flooding my body with pleasure.

These feelings stirred a deeper need that scared me; a surge of dark emotion that I didn’t like. After being told what the Soul Eaters did to their victims, the fear that I was somehow like them was all too real, especially if what Moira said about my father was true.