Chapter 9

One week later

In between working and sleeping, me and Ever have been texting back and forth. I never could guess my new nickname so she had to break down and tell me, and I can't believe she actually called me that. It's not that I don't like it, it's sweet no one has ever given me a nickname before. It seems girly, but I like it. Who would've ever thought I would be called cutie pie.

It's only been a week, but after all the conversations we have shared I feel like I have known her all my life. We've talked about the classes she wants to take, what kind of job she wants to have. The only thing that bothers me is when the subject of her family comes up she dodges me completely. But I'm not going to push, I don't want her to close herself off.

She says things are okay between her and Evan right now, but he told me the other night that he hooked up with Emily again. I just don't know what has gotten into him. One minute he is really liking Ever and the next he is cheating on her. He says she is free to do what she wants and she has in the past, but as far as I know she hasn't cheated on him since I met her.

I love my brother and I like Ever but they are a disaster waiting to happen, and I hope I do not get caught in the crossfire when it all goes down.

That familiar ping that I am beginning to look forward to, tells me I have a message and pulls me from my thoughts.

Hey there cutie pie. How was your day today.

It's been a long lazy day. I think I'll do my laundry tomorrow. How is your day going?

Lol don't b too lazy now, it's not good for u. It's going ok so far. Just sitting here listening to some Shinedown. Supposed to meet up with your bro later for a movie.

Oh really, which one?

idk yet, he said he'll tell me later. It's supp to b a surprise.

Oh ok, have fun with that.

I don't think so we've been together for months now and he still doesn't rem I hate surprises.

That's Evan for u. He just does what he feels and when he wants to and u just have to go along. But if it's any comfort I know he really likes u and doesn't mean anything by it.

Not really. I think I'm growing out of this thing we have going on. I like him but I just don't c the fun anymore. I think I want more.

Ouch sorry. I hope u get what u want. Never settle for just anything, ur better than that.

Ty I'm so glad I met u cutie pie.

Me too. Uw beautiful girl.

Wait what did u just give me a nickname? Lol

Yes, yes I did. How u like it?

U think I'm beautiful?

Of course ur beautiful. Y would u think ur not?

It's nothing and Ty ur pretty cute too.

I'm glad u finally noticed.

Awwww conceited r we. Lmao

Nah just a little confident.

Lol u have every right to b. but hey he just called I gotta head out ttyl.

K later beautiful girl.

Well that was an interesting conversation. I can't believe she didn't think she was beautiful.

I wonder if I should give Evan a heads up that Ever is not happy. The more I think about it, I am inclined to let him get a taste of his own medicine. He is always dating and dumping girls for no good reason. All he thinks about is himself and how he can get laid. Well it's time for a wake up call.

I guess I need to get up and get started, because if I put my laundry off I will never do it. It's only two loads because I don't have that many clothes with me. I don't see the need to pack my whole closet since I never go anywhere when I'm here. Well other than the occasional bar that my dad wants to go to.