Chapter 8

All the lights are off when we finally pull up to the apartment. I'm already regretting coming back on this trip. We have no idea how long we are going to be here this time. "Hey dad, I think I'm going to go to bed. I'll try and unpack the car tomorrow after work." "Okay Brian, goodnight. See you in the morning around 6, we don't have to be there til 7." "Goodnight."

I made it to my room and just collapsed onto my big ass king size bed. Yeah yeah I know I'm only one person, but I like having all the room in the world to roll around. I have a tendency to toss and turn. I always wake up in some awkward position.

I'm laying there so exhausted I'm debating on whether or not to get up and actually shed my clothes. I'm very close to just sleeping in what I have on, when I feel something poking me in my leg. I guess that's my sign to get up and quit being lazy.

After stripping down to my boxers and climbing back into bed, I feel a lot more comfortable. I grab my phone to set my alarm for tomorrow, and I notice that there is a note. <3 Hey there cutie, I know you probably won't call, even though you said you would. I know your thinking it would be wrong, but I genuinely would like to be your friend. Plus I know how lonely it can be with no one to talk to. So, why don't you at least send me a text and we'll start from there.<3

Damn that girl is something else. I don't know how she knew that I would put off talking to her. It's just so bad for my health, trying to be friends with her. She's with Evan and I have an unusual attraction to her, and she has all but admitted she likes me too. 'Maybe she's right though, you dummy. Texting couldn't possibly hurt anything.' So I decide to send her a text.

Hey it's me Brian. I know it's late but I wanted to let u know we made it n one piece and this way you'll have my num now. By the way ur note was really sweet Ty. I hope we can b friends too.

******* 

The next thing I know my alarm is screaming at me. 'Ugh this is going to be a long day. Well better get up and get started.'

I get up and drag my ass to the shower hoping the water will wake me up. After my shower I feel a little bit better, definitely awake but I would not be adverse about getting back in bed. I put on my jeans with a belt and grab my work shirt. I lace up my work boots and grab my wallet and change off the nightstand. I almost forget my phone, but when I pick it up I see that I have a message.

No prob uw. I'm glad y'all made it. I got u programmed now. You should guess what I put u under and no it's not ur name. Lol

Huh, what could she possibly be talking about? Why would she use something other than my name?

Sorry I must've fallen asleep. What do u mean? I'm running behind though, so I'll text u tonight if u want?

I'm heading out the door to get in the truck, where I see that dad is waiting, when I hear my phone tell me I have another message.

No problem, I knew u were prob tired as shit.  

Another ping 

Lmao u will have to guess my new nickname for u, but go ahead and go to work, yes I would b glad to hear from u tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

I can't help but smile like a jackass all the way to the truck. This girl is something else. "What's got you grinning like an ass this early. I heard you moaning and groaning and now your all smiles. Should I be worried?" "Nah, nothing to be worried about. I just got a new friend and she tends to make me smile involuntarily." "Oh I see." Is all he says, but I can hear the skepticism in his voice.