Chapter 19

I flipped through a random magazine in the waiting room trying to get my mind off what was happening. Selena was filling out some paper work in another room. My phone started buzzing and I deridingly opened the message.

'Floor 8, room #13'

Was I supposed to go there. Assuming that was what I was supposed to do I went to the reception desk.

"Umm excuse me what's on floor 8?" I asked.

"Oh it's the floor for children." She replied.

"Thank you." I replied walking away to an elevator. I pressed the number 8 and nervously waited for the doors to open. I got out of the elevator and asked a nurse where room 13 was.  

"Down the hall and to the left." She replied flashing me a sad smile. I made my way down to room. I opened the door and saw a little girl sleeping on the hospital bed. Why was I supposed to come here? A nurse walked in and started pressing buttons on the machines in the room.

"Why is she here?" I asked.

"Sad story actually, about two years ago a gas station was robbed. And robber knocked over a rack and it hit this little girl on the head and now she's in a coma. She's and orphan and we're gonna let go of her pretty soon." The nurse said.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Hope." She replied and then left. My heart dropped. I did this to her. That person who robbed the gas station was me. I hurt her, because of my selfishness. I gripped her small hand in mine and begged her to forgive me.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." I whispered as tears streamed down my face. I would never forgive myself for this. I slowly wiped the tears off my face and then walked out of the room. I felt numb as i walked into a bathroom and started scrubbing my face. I had to get this off of me. Once I felt satisfied with my face I pulled myself together got onto the elevator. I sat back in my seat and a doctor walked up to me.

"Are you Ms. Dawson?" He asked. I nodded my head looking up at him. I braced myself for the bad news.

"You can come see Justin now. He's fine just really exhausted." He explained. My face broke out into a smile and happy tears fell from my eyes. I quickly got up and followed the doctor to Justin's room. As soon as Justin I saw each other we started smiling like idiots. I ran up to him and hugged him. He hugged me back and then we started kissing. This was real kissing. Real kissing is when you feel this spark that radiates through your body making you feel so happy. It fills your heart with joy and all you think about is the person your kissing. And you know you wouldn't rather be anywhere else. Because you love that person with all your heart.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized hugging him.

"This wasn't your fault. And plus I'm fine!" Justin said running his fingers through my hair. I just hugged him as my tears wet his hospital shirt. This felt so right. Justin and I together. That's how it should always be.

"I love you." I said and I meant it.

"I love you too." He replied.

"The song you sang for me was beautiful."

"I wrote it for you."

"Thank you." I smiled up at him and we kissed again.

"When do you get out of here?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." He replied. I could tell he was really tired. His eyelids started to droop and he furiously tried to stay focused.

"You need some rest." I said getting up. He nodded and laid down. He looked so peaceful. All of this was my fault. That little girl. I had ruined her life. I was only eighteen and I had already injured two people.