I would (A justin Bieber fanfiction)

I shoved my books into my backpack and started my long walk home. My mom and I lived in downtown L.A. Our lifestyle was anything but glamorous. We lived a small crappy two bedroom apartment on the second floor. My mother was an abusive alcoholic. I hated seeing her and she hated seeing me. So to avoid any interaction I climbed up the fire escape and into my room. I had been doing this since i was 8, that's when my dad left us. Soon after my mom fell apart and we started living in this place we call home.

I finished my homework and then slowly crept into the kitchen. I flipped the switch to turn the lights on. They didn't work. Mom probably didn't pay the electric bill or the rent. Soon the landlord would come and demand the money and give us those "I pity how filthy and poor you are but I need another yacht so pay up" looks.

Somehow we would make ends meet, which usually involved me working double shifts at the diner I work at. But I was graduating that year and If I got that scholarship to Yale I would never have to look back at this life. But fate would turn out differently.

I opened the fridge and pulled some bread and jelly out. This was my main diet. We couldn't afford anything else. Well we could if my mother wasn't such an alcoholic any money we earned she spent on alcohol.

"Kaaaate!" My mother yelled. Her words were slurred as she rambled on about something she had lost. She was drunk! No surprise there!

"Mom, did you forget to pay the electric bill?" I asked as camly as I could. This was the best way to handle my mother when she was drunk.

"No mon'y!" She yelled back as she a tipped a beer bottle up to her lips. I snatched it away and dumped it out in the sink.

'No more!" I said sternly.

"D'you reeealize hoow muuch that juust cosssst me!" She screamed at me as she lunged at me only to fall over.

"Yes, i do! This!" I waved the bottle in front of her. "Has cost us everything! Do you see how we're living! Do you even care! We don't have anything! Not even love." I yelled at her. But as I said love my voice got really small, because I realized how much I wanted to be loved. I wanted someone who would be happy to see me. Someone who actually cared.

"You don't know what your talking about!" She screamed as she jumped at me. I toppled over and she sunk her nails into my arm as she fell over with me. I pushed my mom off of me and sprinted into my room. I shoved my belongings into my bag. I could hear my mom banging on my door. I opened the window and the cold breeze hit my face like a brick wall. I crawled out the window and sprinted down an alley. I was acting on adrenaline and I hadn't really thought about where I was going.

I kept running until I realized I was being followed. I could hear the footsteps getting closer and closer. As I turned around to see who it was I slipped and fell face first on the ground. The person ran up to me and kneeled down. I started to scream but the man immediately put his hand on my mouth. I bit down on the hand and instead of letting go he didn't budge.

"Sh..... I won't hurt you I promise. Please be quiet." He said. If I wasn't scared to death I would have immediately recognized that voice. Instead I shook my head vigorously.

"Please" he begged and something made me listen. I nodded my head and he slowly put his hand down. He held my hand and led me through the alleyways. The whole time I was silently crying. We got to a car and he opened the door. I shook my head indicating that I was not going to get into his car. He gently pushed me in, and I decided that I had no other choice but to get in. He got in the front seat and started driving. I closed my eyes and silently cried myself to sleep.

I felt the car stop and I immediately opened my eyes. It was dark and in the dim light I could make out that we were in a garage. I let out whimper and started to sob out loud. If I was going to die I might as well get to cry properly. The person immediately got out of the car and and sat in the seat next to me. I pushed myself against the car door to stay as far as possible from him. He enveloped me in hug and started to sing.