Chapter 6: "I really don't think she's that sort"

Author's note:

Hi guys, so this in a different point of view to mix things up a bit! The next chapter will be in Lucas' POV aswell. Please VOTE or COMMENT if you like it. See ya x

(Eve on the right)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas' Point of View-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing loudly in my ear. I groaned and sat up, ruffling my hair so that the dark strands exposed my eyes to the light peeping through the holes in my blinds. I squinted as I swung my legs over the side of my bed. 

I usually hated mornings but today was different. I was finally moving out of the pack house and into my univerity halls. It was about f*cking time too. I'd waited long enough to get out of  this place for a little while. Don't get me wrong, I love my pack. I mean, I was going to be Alpha in a few years so I had to have their best interests at heart, but I felt a bit suffocated and privacy was a rare thing, especially with the mind link. I was looking forward tobeing around people that didn't know my whole history and every little mistake I'd made.

It took a hell of a long time to convince my dad though. At first he thought that going to uni was pointless . He didn't think that medicine was a worthwhile investment of my time. The only way I convinced him to let me go was to promise him I'd come home on weekends for training and that I'd take up the position of Alpha as soon as I got my degree. It took weeks but I got there in the end, thank the lord.

After a huge yawn I grabbed a crumpled up pair of jeans and a blue converse t-shirt and shoved them over my bare chest and boxers. As a future alpha I was physically bigger than a lot of my other pack. At over 6 foot I towered over my future beta, Josh and a lot of my other friends. To be honest, I wasn't complaining. It meant people listened to what I have to say and the unmated females in my pack were always throwing themselves at me. Most of them were sluts, but a boy has his needs and I definitely had a reputation to uphold.

Knock knock. Speaking of sluts, Mia poked her head around my door.

"Hiii" She smiled, slyly batting her eyelashes. What was she doing? It looks like she's got something in her eye. "I was sent to get you up. Josh says he can give you a lift". She was still smiling at me and it was starting to creep me out. How was her jaw not aching?

"Thanks. I'll be right down". There was no way she was sent to get me. She would have jumped at the opportunity and desperately offered herself up for the job. She had kidded herself that we were in some form of relationship. In reality, I occasionally resorted to her if I really needed it and there was noone else available. I know, I know, people were always telling me to wait for my mate and all that sh*t but I couldn't see how one girl could really affect me that much. I'd heard all about it from my future beta Josh, who'd recently found his mate. I was there when he met her. It was a sickeningly cliched, movie-like eye lock across our local cafe. She was only supposed to be visiting for the summer and she's still here now, living in our pack house.

I know that my family would love it if I could find my mate but I was in no rush. At the moment I'm perfectly happy with how things are and I think that a mate would only get in the way of my ambitions. No way was I gonna turn into some whipped mutt like Josh.

Obviously during my internal monologue Mia had gotten bored and left. I quickly grabbed my suitcases that I'd packed the night before, brushed my teeth and pulled my cases out the door of my small, beige room. As I entered the corridor I scanned to my left and right. The corridor was full of doors, all entering to tens of rooms belonging to a pack member each. Some times this place felt like a prison. I turned to my right, dragging my belongings behind me and took two flights of stairs into our kitchen. I propped my bags by the entrance to the door and turned to see who was in the room.