Chapter 4: "Don't go too wild"

A/N: (Sephy on the right)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hauled my bag out of the back of the truck that Oliver had parked just outside of my halls of residence. I didn't have many belongings so I only had one small purple carry case to throw over my shoulder. This rendered Oliver practically useless as he opened the door to my new flat with the key I'd been provided by the university. As soon as I I walked into the large grey building in front of me I was met with a long staircase that obviously lead to the rooms. As we walked up the stairs the living space I would be sharing with 5 other people came into view.

In the centre of the room was a small, old television surrounded by two sofas that had a permanent dip in the middle where past students had obviously wasted many hours procrastinating. Off to the right of the lounge area was a small kitchen. It contained many cupboards and an oven wedged beside a fridge. A kettle was placed on top of the counter. Phew! I breathed a sigh of relief as I realised I'd still be able to have my daily cup of tea. Overall, the area was simple but worn out. It had everything I needed though as I yearned for some stability where I could just settle down in one place.

I looked over my shoulder and watched Olly struggle to wrench a door open labelled '81' with the key I had trusted him with. "Room 81. This is you sis. You ready to unpack your things?" 

"Too right I am. I can't wait to finally have somewhere to settle down" At this, Olly's face fell and I instantly regretted mentioning how often we moved around. He'd been quite all morning and my little insensitive comment didn't help matters. "I didn't mean it like that Olly. I know you've tried your best for us. Come on, now help me unpack." He looked up at me and smiled, taking my bag from me and moving into the room.

My room was very small. If you stood at one end it would only take you about 4 steps to reach the other side. On one side of the room was a small wooden desk, equipped with a notice board and lamp and on the other side was a small single bed covered in plain white sheets. At the end of the room was a small rectangular window covered by blinds and underneath, a small sink haphazardly stuck to the wall. The real bathroom I would be using was shared, I decided not to go for an en suite room to cut the costs down. Really I just wanted more money to spend of food.

Olly threw my bag onto my bed and plonked himself next to it causing the bed to rattle and shake. I grabbed the zip and pulled it down hearing that satisfying "zzzz" sound. I tipped my bag upside down, eager to empty it of its contents. Out dropped about 10 changes of clothes, my iPod, some important documents, a small washbag and several other necessities. I grabbed my clothes and hung them one by one in the small wardrobe next to my desk. After that I placed my washbag by the sink and the documents on my desk. I guess that's it then. That was easy.

I turned to Olly who was looked depressed as he glanced around the room. "Are you sure you're gonna be ok Fee? You're only 18. I don't like leaving you here all alone. You're still my little sis to me" He ruffled my hair.

I sighed. We'd been over this a million times. "Of course I'll be ok" I looked out the window and pointed out the cluster of trees a little away from my halls. "Look. There's even a little wooded area for my wolf. I'll be fine. You know I've wanted to do this since forever. If I get into any problems I'll ring you straight away, yeah?" I looked into his shining blue eyes.

"Ring me if there's any problems. I mean it Fee. It's a big risk letting you do this." He pulled my petite frame into a hug and held me there. "I'll be down every two weeks don't forget. So don't go too wild." He winked as I shoved him off me.

"Shut up Olly. Luckily I don't have your party streak." I looked fondly at my older brother. "I'm going to miss you you idiot" We hugged again as he retreated for the door and began to pad his way down the stairs. I followed him dabbing at the tears that were threatening to well in my eyes. "I'll miss you too Fee. Now go and do your thing Dr Shelley" He saluted me as I stood in the doorway and watched him jump into his truck.