Chapter 2

"Dylan! Go get the cupcakes! The cash is on the counter!" My sister screamed from downstairs. She was stressing once again, I don't get why we were even having a party on a weekday in the first place.

I groaned and get up from my comfortable bed, not bothering to change out of my hoodie and shorts. I go downstairs while running a hand through my hair, I pick the cash up with ease and my sister smiles, then goes back to yelling on the phone to who the hell knows.

Putting on a pair of converse I go outside, the late April air hits me and I regret wearing shorts, yet I don't turn back. Getting into my car, I turn the heat on and pull out of the driveway, heading to the bakery.

The rundown sign that read "Delicious Treats" was trying it's hardest to not fall off. The shop walls were starting to rust and the doors were squeaking like crazy. I walk in with caution and raise an eyebrow once I see the two girls behind the counter. One had blonde hair, well no most of it was green highlights. The other had light brown hair and looked up at me first, raising an eyebrow right back at me.

"Hello." Said the seaweed hair girl, well sorry that's what it looks like.

I walked closer to the counter and gave a smile, "Hey, I'm here to pick up a dozen cupcakes."

"Oh! Okay! Hayden, can you go get the box of cupcakes please?" She turned to 'Hayden'and she quickly nodded. Her eyes were a weird, different kind of green yet she still was stunning. She gives me an annoyed look as she goes to get the cupcakes.

"Sorry she doesn't talk much, yet your total is $5.99." I hand over the cash and she hands me my receipt. Hayden comes back and sets the box right in front of me and I smile.

"Thanks Hayden." Once she hears me say her name, she grabs a notepad.

Bye now.

"One question though, can I have your number?" She stiffens slightly and writes again.

NO, NOW BYE.

Seaweed girl laughs and I put a hand near my heart and then turn away, before exiting I give a wink and quickly state, "See you around."

Even though I probably won't see her again.

-

"So she was hot?" My closest friend, Zach questioned.

I roll my eyes, "I thought we were over this topic."

"Well sorry but you kept talking about her for like over an hour like you're in love with her. Yet I ask one question-"

"Okay okay whatever. No, I'm not in love by the way, I've only seen her once. She doesn't even talk." I pay most of my attention to my parents helping my sister with the party. At the moment Zach and I were sitting on the couch, waiting for guests to come.

"Yet you still haven't answered the question, hot or not?"

"More like gorgeous."

"What happened to the Dylan Silver that used to flirt with every girl and the word gorgeous wasn't even in his dictionary?"

"Dude, were graduating soon, and you know I left the flirt side of me pretty much behind. Besides, I tried to get her number and she told me no."

"That's it? You tried to get her number and she rejected you so you gave up?" He shook his head at me.

"I wasn't going to keep annoying her, that would've probably made it worse."

"Right, okay bro whatever you say." The doorbell rang just as he said that and I got up, a couple walked in and I greeted them. Which they said and I quote, "Wow! Dylan! You've gotten so big since we've last seen you!"

Yet I had absolutely no clue who they were.

My parents rushed to them with my sister behind them, they took the couple outside to the porch and I just gave Zach a shrug.

I threw myself back on the couch and ignored Zach's every question about the girl I only saw for less than five minutes.

Once it was almost seven, the backyard was completely full of people, some I know, some I don't. It was a mixture of teens and adults, loud music played and Zach had got stuck talking to some boy.

I walk back in the house, taking a water bottle yet once I turn around I bump into someone. Height difference wasn't much so our eyes met quickly.

Green.

"I'm.. Sorry." I said as she backs up. She just smiles and nods, "Hayden, right? I'm Dylan."

She nods once again, and I really wish she would talk then this would be much easier.

"Hayden!" A boy around our age ran up to Hayden. She turned towards the boy then back at me, with an apologetic look and a small wave, the boy then pulled her away. I slightly frown as she disappears into the crowd outside.

"Dude! That was her wasn't it? Wow, she totally was hot!" Luke says, yet I punch him in the arm, "Okay okay calm down. Not like she's going to be yours, she's gotta boy."

That earns Luke a second punch.