Chapter 35

I was already feeling better. The second I was back with Joey my appetite just seemed to come back. Food actually looked good. He hadn't suspected anything yet, which I was glad because I didn't want to confess yet. We were eating cereal, since it was early. I had gotten more sleep than the whole time I was at Ash's. I felt so much more refreshed. My hair wasn't a ratty mess and I actually straightened it. We would have small talk but neither would bring up our time away. It was such a touchy subject and I wasn't ready to have it. Joey looked up at me every few seconds as if I would disappear in thin air, like I was an illusion. "You alright?" I finally said, after a long period of silence. "Mmhm." he mumbled, with a mouthful of cereal. My laughter chimed through the kitchen. "Well that's good." I nodded. He agreed and we soon finished the bowls and washed the dishes together. 

"Not to sound rude, but the house is a mess." I commented. Now I could focus I saw just how messy everything was. Clothes strewn across the floor, cushions not on the couches, and random dishes scattered on tables and such. "I didn't really have the motivation to clean." he admitted and all of a sudden the mood darkened. I smiled and gave his hand a squeeze. "Well let's clean this house!" I fist pumped into empty air. "Lets." he agreed and grabbed my hand. My head looked from side to side, trying to decide where to start. "Okay, you pick up all the clothes and cushions. I will finish the dishes." he nodded at my commands and we quickly got to work. My mind was roaming aimlessly as I struggled to hold multiple mugs. When was I going to tell him? How would he react? Lost in my own little world a crash woke me and I jumped. Small pieces of glass littered the floor in front of me. "Omg, wow." I said and went to put the remaining dishes down. I got the dust pan and broom, trying to get all the sharp pieces of glass off the floor. I finished cleaning the mini mess I made and went back to the dishes. Focusing this time, I went upstairs and carried the spare dishes from there to the kitchen. The sink was turned on to a warm, nice temperature. I ran the first cup under, covering it in soap and rinsing it. This was repeated to everything else. It was about half past eleven now. Joey had finished laundry and organized the house. "Teamwork!" he said, giving me a high five. 

"Now what?" I said, worn out from the cleaning. "I don't know." Joey said looking lost. "Lets play messy twister!" I said, the childhood game popping into my mind. "Well I know what Twister is...but what about the messy part?" He looked adorably cute. It where you put paint of the same color on each of the dots, then play regular twister." I explained. "Ohhhh, sounds like fun!" he concluded and jumped up from excitement. "Okay, can we get the paint and everything now?" He nodded and we went out to his car. The ride to Target was pretty quiet, but not uncomfortable. When we got there I practically skipped in, messy twister was always one of my favorite games. "You're excited." Joey said, chuckling. "Yep" I squealed and went to the board game section. "Here we go!" I bubbled, grabbing twister. "Paint is over here." Joey said, and I followed him to the craft section. I plucked out all the needed colors and gave them to Joey. Both hands were full and I found it funny how he waddled to the cash register. "Whoo." he said, wiping his forehead after placing the paints down. 

"Be careful with the paint!" I warned as Joey slowly poured red paint on the mat. "Im fi-Ah!" a drop of paint smudged his white shirt. "Hmm, told you so." I joked. Once the paint was on all the dots we we were about to begin, that is before I interrupted. "We should totally put on white shirts and pants we don't care about." I said and Joey nodded. Racing upstairs I quickly pulled on a white t-shirt and old black leggings. Joey had on a white shirt and old black skinny jeans. "The paint is gonna look so cool!" I exclaimed and we ran back down the stairs. "Okay, right foot red." Joey announced. I lowered my foot into the cold paint, Joey doing to same. We both let out little shouts, then laughed. Spin after spin we twisted to get the title of the winner. I had green paint on my back and yellow on my face. Joey was also decorated with green and blue. I was in quite an uncomfortable position, my legs reaching far to the green and blue, while my arms twisted to the red and yellow. I was wobbling and so was Joey from what I could see. "Left hand yellow." he said and I soon tumbled to the paint covered mat. "Victory!" Joey shouted getting up, but only so far before he slipped too. We sat there paint stained and laughing. This was great and I wasn't thinking about the news I still hadn't confessed to my love.

White sheets and blankets were twisted around us. After a shower and a new change of clothes the bed was practically calling for us. We decided to clean up the mess in the morning and right now we were just talking. I had to tell him soon, but I was obviously procrastinating. "Should we talk about it?" Joey whispered, like he was reading my mind. "Might as well get it over with." I said with a half-efforted shrug. "How did you handle it?" he said breathily. I tried to force the words out of my mouth and with much trouble and quite a bit of stuttering I succeeded. "I-I wasn't e-eating." I bursted out, covering my red face with my hands. A few tears wetting my fingers. "I wasn't m-making videos." he confessed, we both looked up. "Have you gotten better? How much do you weigh? Are you feeling okay? Should we get professional help?" Joey said all in one breath. I chuckled humorously. "Uhm, I'm okay now with the help of Ash and you." I whispered the last part. "How did I help?" He said confused. "The moment I came back food looked good. I was happy again." I whispered. He smiled and pulled me into a comforting hug. My head nuzzled in his neck I managed to ask one last question. "How long since you uploaded?" "Four weeks." he said quietly, my eyes widened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys so there you go! So me and Abby are ending the book very soon. We decided two more chapters will be uploaded and an epilogue. We might do a sequel but as you know the sam pepper story will be written first. it would be great if you gave us feedback on the whole sequel thing so make sure to comment! I feel like we haven't promoted the story enough and we love talking to you guys. the comments literally make us want to like jump up and dance. Well i hope you liked it! Cora finally confessed!

-Hannah;D