Chapter 9

Ash was ignoring me lately and I'm pretty sure Joey had something to do with it. Im kinda sad cause she's my best friend but, I'm also really happy to be able to hang out with Joey. We've had two more dates and they've been the best. For one we watched an anime movie at his house and the other we went out for a walk in the park. I'm almost certain if I talked to Ash she would turn away. She was always one to have grudges easily and she mostly held them for a week at the least. I was getting only more lonely at work, but at least I had Joey outside of it.

"Buzzzz" my phone vibrated, notifying me of a new text. My hand fumbled to open it and without surprise Joey had texted me.

"Do you wanna go to Luke's house for video game night with me? It will be fun :D" I read silently.

"Yeah that sounds great!" I replied while jumping up and down. I cant believe I was going to Echo Base!!!

"Yayy! Okay I will pick u up in 20?"

"Yeah that's fine thanks!" I pressed send and ran to my closet.

After finally choosing from the wide amount of different clothing items I slipped it on. My hair was already done from the morning so I just pulled it into a pony tail. Then, I chose my grey sweater Ugg boots and slipped those on also. Making my way to the mirror, I was pleased with my look. I had on a grey totoro t-shirt, paired with black leggings that reached the middle of my calves. I jumped when the doorbell rang and quickly ran over, grabbing my phone and wallet on the way. Before opening the door I calmed myself, then took the doorknob in my hand.

"Hey Joey!" I exclaimed, my arms out wide, for a hug.

"Hey!" He greeted, while pulling me in.

"Ready?" he asked after we pulled away.

"Yep!" He then scanned my outfit before a smile broke out on his face.

"I live your outfit." He said while taking my hand, making my heart jump.

"I thought you would." I said with a laugh.

~At Lukes House~

My nerves were getting the most of me when we finally reached the Echo Base door. Joey gave me a reassuring smile before opening the door and walking in. He led me out to the game room with the big screen I've seen so many times on LukesArcade. It made me shiver how real everything was.

"It's gonna be great!" He whispered to me.

"I know." I said trying to make my stomach listen to my words.

"Hey guys!" Ingrid said while carrying Nugget.

"Hey gurllll!" Joey said and I laughed.

"Hi Ingrid oh and Nugz!" I exclaimed, the butterflies going away and excitement replacing it.

"Aww! Well come on we're about to play Super Mario Bros." she said while pulling my hand to the couch.

"I love that game!" I said, while sitting next to her.

Everyone said hi and welcomed me...I think tonight's gonna be the best in a very long time.