Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Aaliyah POV:

When I woke I wasn't feeling good, so I just laid there in the fetal position with the covers rapped around me. I sat there, and thought about what I wanted to from here on out. I will go back to marcus house later. I'm just gone give him his space.

I got up out of bed put the clothes I had on before, and left the hotel. I went straight to the Burlington to get me some new clothes. I had this outside on for to long. I bought a couple pairs of pants, and t-shirt.

I changed in they bathroom, and left. Before I went back to the hotel I stopped at subway to get something to eat. I order me and sat down in one of the chairs by the window, and looked through my phone.

I fold my hands together, and looked out the window. I thought about the one thing that hadn't crossed my mind since jamal told me.

Why the fuck was davon shooting at them? What the fuck is wrong with him? I ain't seen him in like 2-3 months. What make him come after my family now?  And if he shot at them that mean he the one who killed tae. When realization hit me my throat stated to get really dry, and I took a sip of my raspberry tea.

"So what you doing over here eating by yourself"

I looked up, and saw some random ass guy. I turned my head, and looked back out the window. I guess he must of took my silence as a sign to sit down across from me. I looked over at him, and he was looking at me.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing?"

"Then why it look like you been crying?"

"I don't know you, and I don't tell everybody me business"

"Well tell me why you here eating alone?"

"Because" I said annoyed. He can't take a hint for nothing.

"Because you don't got a boy? Or because yall ain't together?"

"I don't want to tell you all my business" I repeated. Since he wasn't gone move, and just keep asking me dumb ass shit. I started wrapping my sandwich up, and getting ready to leave. I stood and put my food in the bag. He stood up as well.

"Can I walk you to your car?"

"No I got it"

"Okay can I get your number to call you sometime?"

"No" I said walking out toward my car. I hurried up, and got in my car and left. Some was wrong with that dude I swear. I drove back to the hotel, and went inside. As I was walking through the lobby up to my room the receptionist stopped me.

"Yes"

"You had several visitors they came looking for you, but I told them you where out. They should be back soon"

"Thank you" I said going back up to my room. As soon as I open the door I saw my momma, and daddy in the room sitting on my bed.

"Aaliyah what are you doing here?" my momma asked.

"Staying in a hotel what it look like"

"Watch yo--"

My momma put her hand up to stop him before he could finish his sentence.

"Why won't you come home?"

"Why? You already sent me to live with my daddy, and all he do is keep me in the house"

"I know" she said. We talked for a while longer about everything, but I still wasn't going back with them.

"If you knew then why you let him" I mumbled.

"Have you been taking any of your medicines?"

"Not since I was in Atlanta"

"You need to take them everyday thats the point"

"I ain't know this ain't some you just wake up, and find out"

"Yeah well you need to read up. Take some of the money you took off, and read up" she said getting off the bed. How the fuck she know I took money off my card.

"Mhmm" I mumbled.

"Dion called us, and told us you will be staying with her for a while"

"Yeah"

"Then why you here?" My daddy asked.

"Because I wanted to clear my head. Some of us actually care that tae died"

"Don't tell me I don't care that tae died I'm finding whoever did this, and the next" he yelled. He was about to say something else, but his phone went off.

"Yeah...you got em...wait for me" he said putting his phone in his pocket.

"I got to go yo car is fixed outside, and I will be calling in an hour to make sure you back at dion house" she said walking out the door. My momma gave he a quick hug,and my keys then walked out.

I checked out the hotel, and made my way outside. I see my black beauty sitting out front looking nice ass hell. I got in my car, and headed to dion house. Marcus car was gone, but dion's car was still here so she must still be.

I walked inside, and sat on the couch next to dion.

"Hey aaliyah"

"Hey"

"So you told him?"

"Yeah" I said blowing my breath.

"Yeah he told me"

"Is he mad"

"No he just shocked aaliyah. Just give him some time to deal with this"

"I know"

"He gone come around he lost his father, he ain't gone do the same to his baby"

"I ain't asking for him to do none special for me I just told him. What he do is own him I ain't trynna force none own him" I said. We talk for a little while longer, and she brought me upstairs to the guess room.

Dion drove me to the doctor to get everything I needed for this pregnancy, and when we got back she made spaghetti. After we ate I went to the guess room took the pills, and laid down in bed. I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard somebody in my room.

I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard my door open. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, and sat up. Then came a loud thump like they fell on the floor. When I sat up to look whoever it was fell on top of me.

I blinked a couple of times to try, and make out who it was. It was marcus I think, and he was drunk once again. He started lifting my shirt up, and stuff but I grabbed his hand before he could.

"Marcus get yo drunk ass off me" I yelled. A little after I yelled for him to get off me my door was pushed opened, and the light was flicked on.

"Whats going on!"dion yelled. I looked over at her, and pushed marcus off me.

"I don't even know marcus just came in here"

"What are you doing in here?" she asked marcus.

"I was just --" he stuttered getting up off the bed.

"You was just nothing get your ass in yo room. If I catch you in here again tonight I'm gone get my belt" she yelled pushing him out the room.

"You okay?"

"Yeah he just fell on me"

"Alright then try to get some sleep" she said cutting the light off.

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight aaliyah" she said closing the door. Before I knew it I was yawning, and fell asleep curled up in a ball.

I woke up around eight in the morning took my pills then got dress, and made my way down the hall downstairs. As I was sticking my headphones in I bumped into somebody by accident, and dropped my phone and ipod. I bent down to pick them up, and kept walking.

I left out the house to go for a walk around the block. I ended up walking to the park I took tae to so many times with nikki. I sat on one of the swings, and just looked around the park.

It wasn't really hot outside it was just sunny with a light breeze. I started swinging a little til it start making me sick, and I stopped. I listen to my ipod, and just relaxed for once.

Maybe if I was smarter when I was sleeping with marcus then maybe tae would be here. All I do nowaday is just cry. I started crying again just thinking about tae. I know they say we should never ask god why, but I want to know why tae.

He just been through so much in his life, and I was set on making it better. I would never for give davon or whoever the fuck it was who killed tae. I loved his little laugh, and how he always though when he grow up he was going to get bit by a spider, and be spiderman.

That boy loved him some spiderman, and iron man. I thought when I woke up this morning this was going to be a dream, and tae was going to be alive. But he's gone, and I have to face that fact no matter how hard it may be.

Just as I was about to leave marcus sits on the swing next to me. I couldn't even look at him. I continued walking, and he didn't stop me. He actually stayed there, and I walked back by myself. It started to sprinkle outside a little so I started walking back.

Marcus had caught up to me, and just walked beside me quiet. Once we got back I went upstairs, and sat in my room by the window. I don't know where he went, and frankly I didn't care. I heard a knock on my door, and then they came in. I didn't look I just kept my eyes glued to to the window.

"Aaliyah you need to eat"

"I ain't hungry" I mumbled.

"Starving yo self ain't gone bring him back"

"I said I don't want nothing to eat you def" I said glancing at him.

"What the fuck is yo problem I know you said about tae, but don't be going off on me. Shit I just brought yo food 'cus my mom's told me to"

"Okay thank you, but I'm fine"

"Iight aaliyah; shit I can't force you to eat" he said walking towards the door. I heard him open it up, and then close it. He came back, and sat on my bed.

"Just eat the yogurt or some"

".........." I ignored him.

"Aaliyah just eat some eggs" he said. I picked up a forkful of egg just to shut him up.

"You been crying again?"

"............"

"Why you ignoring me?"

"Because I'm give you space"

"Space for what?"

"Marcus I don't want to be bother, so can you go get a drink or whatever the fuck you do and leave me alone".

"I see some own yo mind c'mon say it"

"I don't got none to say"

"Naw aaliyah say it I ain't gone get mad. This what yall females like to do talk so lets talk don't hold nun back. Ask me anything, and I will keep it 100 with you no lie"

I turned to look at him to make sure he was honest, and I turned in my seat so I was looking at him now.

"Why you go after me in the first place?"

"Because I like you, and I wanted to see if I could get you"

"Why you --"

"Naw its my turn. When we was together was you afraid to fall for me?"

"Yeah"

"Why?"

"Did you ever cheat on me?"

"Naw I thought about it, but I couldn't"

"Wh-"

"Why was you afraid to fall for me?"

"Because I know the type of guy you is, and I didn't want to be another bitch you played"

"I wasn't gone do you like that"

"Saying it, and doing it is two different things"

"True"

"Why do you drink"

".... At first it was because of my mom's, and you but I can't blame nobody I drink because I do"

"What I got to do with it?"

"I didn't want to fall for you, and you ain't feel the same way. But why didn't you go back out with me?"

"I was I wanted to so many times, but you was going through a lot so I pushed my feelings aside"

"......"

"Why you call me so much when I left?"

"Because I..." he hesitated before answering".... Because I missed you and you was here one day, and the next you was gone. I thought it was my fought you left"

"That wasn't why" I said. He looked down before he ask me his question, and looked back up.

"When did you find out you was pregnant?"

"The day I woke up in the hospital"

"Why you ain't tell me then?"

"I was scared"

"Why?"

"Because marcus you see how you act when I told you. I know you ain't ready to be no daddy hell I ain't ready for nobody to be calling me momma. But I laid down, and had this baby now I got to stand up, and take care of it"

"You don't think I will be there"

"No" I said. I could tell that it hurt him, but he wanted the truth he got it.

"I will try my best to do whatever I can aaliyah......So you know what you having yet?"

"No I got to wait like 2 more months or something"

"Wha--"

"Its my turn you had like four questions in a row"

"Iight" he said smirking.

"Why you tell me you love me before I left?"

"Because as much as I hate to come out, and admit it I do. You been with me through so much bullshit. When my daddy past, when my mom's got cancer, and shit when I just got shot. Shit thats a lot to ask after all the shit I put you through" he said looking looking over at me while he was speaking. I grabbed the food he brought for me, and started to eat.

"Marcus I'm over all that you apologies let it go"

"I know, but its like everytime I try to go to sleep that shit running through my mind. Then everytime I fuck up with you you would have this look on yo face that I can't get out my damn mind "

"......" I am speechless I can't believe he telling me all this right now. Wait am I talking to marcus right now.

"Shit I know I should of been said this shit, but how it looking coming from me. And about that shit last night --"
y
 "Marcus I already know" I said shaking my head. "You sorry right?"

"Naw I thought I was in my room"

"Mhmm okay" I said turning towards the window. I sat my plate on the desk, and tilted my head back so I could relax.

"Why you always do that?" he asked pulling my chair near him.

"Do what?"

"Turn away from me when I'm talking to you"

"Because I'm tired, and I just want to relax" I said still facing forward. He pulled my chair back, so that I was facing him upside down.

"I can't help you relax"

"You is nasty marcus" I said pulling his hand off my seat. I scooted my seat back over to where it was, and closed my eyes.

"You about to go to sleep?"

"I don't know" I mumbled with my eyes still close.

"You just woke up"

"I know, and I'm tired"

"Get in the bed, and go to sleep"

"I'm good I don't feel like it"

"I'm gone carry you if you don't"

"Marcus why you care if I get in the bed or not. It don't matter where I sleep dang"

"Iight when yo neck hurt don't complain to me"

"Shut up" I said getting up off the chairs, and climbing in bed. I wasn't going to sleep I just wanted to relax dang is that to much to ask.

"Aaliyah you ain't suppose to lay on yo stomach"

"Marcus yes I can it ain't even form yet"

"How you know?"

"Because I looked it up online, and I ain't even got a bump or nothing to show I'm pregnant"

"Let me see"

"NO"

"I seen you naked what's the problem now?"

"Marcus I'm trynna relax, and you keep asking me dumb ass questions"

"Just show me" he said. I blew my breath, and sat up. I lift my shirt up just enough to show my stomach, and then put it back down.

"Aaliyah is it my baby?"

"What you think?" I said laying back down.

"Man oh know why you think I asked?"

"Because you acting stupid, and you bored and I ain't giving you the attention you need"

"Naw it ain't like that"

"Okay..and don't you got basketball coming up go practice with yo no shooting ass"

"Man you got me fucked up. I will schoo anybody"

"Okay"

"Iight get up I will schoo you in"

"Nope I'm tired"

"Naw get up aye if you beat me I will give you my car"

"I already got a car, and anyways yo doctor said you need to take it easy"

"Own care what he say"

"Okay if I lose I got to do whatever you say for two days."

"iight" he said. I got out of bed, and put some short on and went to the basketball court in his backyard.

Marcus was already waiting there shirtless in some basketball shorts. He still had the bandages on from his wound.

"Iight we playing to 10 you get first ball" he said passing it to me. I checked him the ball, and stated running towards the basket. He was behind me so I moved to try to shake him up, but he was all on me.

"That's a fowl" I said holding the ball on my hip.

"Ain't no fowls in street ball" he said snatching the ball from me running up to the hoop for a lay up.

"You can't do that thats cheating"

"C'mon aaliyah thought you had game" he said smacking my ass. I swung my hand towards him, but he dodge it and started laughing.

"Don't touch me" I said bouncing the ball. I ran over to the basket, but marcus was on me once again. Everywhere I moved he was there, so I faked cramps.

"Hold on marcus my side its hurting" I said breathing heavy.

"You iight you want some to drink?"

"Yeah" I said. As soon as he moved I ran over to the basket, and shot it.

"You can't do that"

"Yes I can you did it, and remember its street ball baby" I said smacking him on the ass. We played like that the whole time. I sweat this games had more fowls then NBA playoffs.

We was at 9-8 marcus was losing, because he said his chest was hurting which was bullshit. What that got to do with his hands his ass lien?

He went from being close to me to going under my shirt, to wrapping his arms around. I poked him in the side jumped on his back, and even accidently kneeing him in the balls.

Marcus had the ball, and just as I was walking up to him he shot it and made it. What the fuck was that. I guess its 9-9 now, and I get the ball. I ran to get the ball checked it to him, and walk to shoot the ball because I was tired. He had his hands up guarding me, and then I tried to shoot the ball but it missed.

He ran over grabbed the ball, and he stot it in his usual spot but missed. I ran over got the ball, but I didn't shoot it. I know he purposely missed that shot.

"Why you ain't shoot?"

"Because I know you just trynna let me win"

"Whats wrong with that?" he said pulling me close to him. He wrapped his arms around me, and held me.

"Because now I lost"

"I think I'm gone like this two days of you catering to me"

"You can't make me to sleep with you"

"I ain't got to you gone want to sleep with me on yo own free will"

"Marcus don't touch me" I said pulling his hands off me. As I was pulling them off he just tighten them around me even more.

"Give me a kiss"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because"

"Because what?"

"Because I ain't now let me go"

"You got to"

"Okay after I give you a kiss you gone let me go"

"Yeah, and not own the cheek"

"I won't" I said smiling. I moved my head closer to his, and stood on my tip-e-toes. I then kissed to of my fingers and put them on his lips, and move my head back.

"Thats fucked up aaliyah"

"Call it what you want marcus, but I ain't about to kiss own my ex" i said pulling his hands off me and walking in the house. I walked in, and saw dion in the kitchen cooking.

"You need any help?" I asked taking a seat on the wooden stool.

"No, and Kelly dropped off some of your things they in the living room"

"Okay" I said getting up walking in the living room. I saw two duffle bags full of clothes. I throw one bag over my shoulder, and head upstairs. I toss it on the floor, and head downstairs in the kitchen.

"How long she think I'm staying?"

"You know Kelly she always thinking ahead"

"Yeah, but I ain't gone be here long"

"You can stay as long as you want"

"I can't always rely on somebody"

"Aaliyah you have my first grandchild, and I already love you like a daughter"

"Thank you"

"Have you thought of any names yet"

"Not yet" I said grabbing some grapes out the bowl.

"Well if its a girl you can always name her after her fathers grandma I'm just saying" she said smiling. I smiled as well, and biting one of the grapes out me hand.

"Name who?"

"Your baby marcus" dion said.

"So yall just gone decide without me"

"No marcus calm down we ain't decide about nothing. We just talking about it calm down you can put yo two cents in" I said laughing. Getting up off the stool to get my bag, and carry it upstairs. I came back down ate, and then went in the living room.

It wasn't nothing else to do, so we watched a movie. It was either I am number 4, or the roommate. Me and dion chose the roommate, and marcus wanted to see I am number 4. But you already know we watched what we wanted.

He sat next to me on the couch with his arm around me. I let him wrap his arm around me while we watched the movie, so he could shut up.

I fell asleep halfway through the movie. The last thing I remember was dion tell marcus to carry me upstairs. Then I was in my room, and he was putting me on the bed. But I wouldn't let him for some reason then I was knocked out after that.

***************************************************************************************************************
--Didn't edit yet.

--Might change this chapter a little.