Chapter Eight - The Secret

Chapter Eight – The Secret

Devon Shade ran a hand through his hair as he sat in his BMW, waiting impatiently for Tessa. She was supposed to meet him ten minutes ago, but apparently she loved to take her time with everything she does.

A minute later, the passenger door opened and the familiar flash of blonde hair caught Devon’s eyes. Immediately he turned to look at Tessa and gave her a lazy smile. Of course she was hot, with the low v-neck t-shirt she was wearing and a mini skirt, clinging around her butt. The only thing that bothered him was the amount of make-up she put on.

“Alright, give me her information.” ordered Tessa immediately as she sat beside him and held out her right hand casually.

Devon looked at her hand for a moment, catching the hot pink colour that was painted on her nails before handing the diary to her.

Tessa smirked slightly as she started to flip through the pages, pausing briefly at a few that caught her attention. Then as suddenly as she begun to flip through it, she closed the diary.

“Okay, I think I know who I could contact and I’ll tell you the plan as soon as I get things sorted out. But in the meantime, let’s go get what you need for the party,” she said, while examining her nails.

Devon reached out and placed a hand on her cheek, so she had to turn and look at him. “Thanks babe,” he replied softly before leaning in to kiss her.

It wasn’t a very long kiss, but it still satisfied him when they broke apart.

Tessa raised one eyebrow, before laughing as she buckled her seat belt. “So if this keeps up, are we going to be a couple again?”

“Only if you want it to,” replied Devon slyly.

****

Where was it?!!

 Nicolette looked around her room panicking, trying to find her diary. Today was definitely not going her way. First, Matthew was acting all weird and then some student came up to her to remind her about the detention she had in the principal’s office. Of course she went, but Devon, apparently, was too ‘busy’ for that.

Suddenly, she stopped searching and lifted her head up slowly, as if a light bulb just lit up.

“Devon Shade,” she hissed. 

Sure, Nicolette wasn’t one hundred percent sure that he took her diary, but who else was staying in this coed room and would have the nerve to steal one of her most treasured possessions?

She closed her eyes for a moment, thinking about all her secrets that could possibly be revealed to him, including her real identity. Nicolette gritted her teeth for a moment before opening her eyes again. She won’t lose; she couldn’t lose. But what could she do now? She had no idea where Devon was and she didn’t really want to bother his sister…

Suddenly there was a couple of gentle knocks on the door. At first, Nicolette wasn’t exactly willing to get the door, but in the end she let in.

When she opened it, she was surprised to find the same beautiful and radiantly confident figure, Lillian Shade, standing there.

“Oh hey, Nicolette, sorry to bother you, but is my brother here?” she asked.

Nicolette just shook her head in reply. “I have no idea; I was looking for him too because I think he took my diary.”

Lillian’s eyebrows rose up for a moment before she crossed her arms. “Hmm…if he did, I’ll make sure to find him as soon as I can,” she replied with all seriousness on her face. “A diary is a very private item and should definitely not be in the hands of my brother,” she added with a sigh. “I’ll try and talk to him about your diary too, but seeing that he’s not here at the moment, do you mind doing me a favor?”