Chapter Two - FML

Chapter Two - FML

Devon Shade watched the bleach blonde haired girl – otherwise known as Melissa Jaspen – sleep beside him. He had hit it off last night with his girlfriend, but she was getting a little bland for his taste, like half the other girls he had sex with. He needed someone new, someone even more attractive and a bigger challenge to get. Devon loved girls that play hard to get, but he had hit it off with pretty much all the girls he knew at his academy. Okay, all of them accept his twin sister. But, eww who in their right mind would do their sister?

Devon got up quickly and put on his clothes without waking up his soon to be ex-girlfriend. He stared at her and decided that he wanted one more kiss from her before he broke the good news to her, well good for him, bad for her.  He leaned on the bed and shook her arm to wake her up.

“Hey babe…” he said softly.

The moment his girlfriend’s eyes shot open, he pressed his lips against hers, getting one more taste of her. As usual, the kiss lasted sometime and when they finally broke apart, Devon started to head to the door, not bothering to look back at his ex-girlfriend.

“Wait! Where are you going?” she cried.

Without turning, Devon briefly stopped. “You’re getting boring and I need someone new. It’s over.” he replied simply.

The next thing he heard was a scream. That was when he stepped out of the room and closed the door just in time to hear something crash against it. Devon wasn’t sure what his ex had thrown at him, probably a vase or something, but he was used to this kind of thing by now. Most of the girls he had dated before had thrown stuff at him when he broke up with them. He had quite a rough time with a few girls who had tried to scratch his eyes out, but it was all good in the end. Usually he manages to hook them up with another guy and their relationship was history.

*****

Nicolette would have loved to say that her mom changed her mind about everything, but nope that never happened. She had done everything from attempting to bribe her mom money, to doing most of the house chores. Unfortunately, none of them worked and she had even lost a hundred bucks! To make matters worse, she was going there two days early! Not only was Nicolette very pissed at her mom, she was also pissed at Matthew for disappearing on her when she needed him the most. 

Staring into the mirror Nicolette heaved a sigh before putting on her big, thick rimmed glasses on and tying her hair up messily. She frowned slightly and pursed her lips. Something was missing… Ah yes, braces, but no she was not going to wear that again. No, she didn’t exactly like this new look of hers, but it was the only plan she could come up with. Besides, at least she had one defense against the guys in the academy.

“Nicolette! Time to go! I’ll be waiting in the car!” called her mom.

Nicolette sighed again and thought about Matthew for a moment. She didn’t even get to say good bye to him yet… nor some of her other friends. Oh well, if Matthew wanted to say farewell to her, maybe he could have done that earlier. Now it’s too late. Slowly, she trudged down the stairs, dragging her suitcase along with her.

Once outside, she managed to put her suitcase into the back of her mom’s caravan and was soon on her way to Silvestre Academy.

It took an hour to get there, but by the time her mom had dropped her off, the sun was starting to dip into the horizon.

“Take care, I’ll see you in a few months... and know that I love you.” she said with a smile.

Nicolette snorted, barely managing to keep her comment to herself when she thought that if her mother did love her, she wouldn’t be doing this. As she grabbed her suitcase, she heard her mom’s voice again.