Promise me this...

An hour later we've both finished two mugs of tea and Ed has booked us a room on the second floor of the cafe with the money Jake gave him.

'May, we only had 20 pounds, this is the best we're going to get,' Ed reasons.

'I hardly know you. I can't sleep in the same bed as you.'

Defeated, Ed pulls a doona off the double bed and bundles it in a heap on the floor, kicks his shoes off and curls up in a ball.

'Don't be stupid, Ed,' I grab his hand to pick him back up from the floor but instead he pulls me down with him, grabbing hold of my mid section with his soft arms. Usually, this would be extremely weird and a total invasion of space but he is so warm and smells so nice. I feel myself slowly kick off my shoes and wiggle my body around so we are facing eachother. 'I forgot to thank you for tonight.'

'No need,' Ed says, nuzzling his cheek into the doona under us.

I realise that I know nothing about the boy pressed against me, I realise that this is why I like him so much. I feel like I know him BECAUSE I know nothing about him... Like the only things I need to know are the things that are going to happen, not what has already happened. I am confused and vulnerable and even a little bit frightened. But I am happy. Right here and right now. And that's all that matters.

'May,' Ed mumbles, his breath hot on my face, 'don't call me crazy, but you're beautiful.'

A warmth spreads through my body, 'So are you.'

His mouth smiles and he props his head up with his hand. A soft kiss is planted on my forehead.

'May...' Ed whispers, 'what do you think of me?'

I smile up to him, 'Like I just said, I think you're beautiful.'

'Do you believe in love at first sight?'

'No,' I say and Ed's face drops, 'the reason for that is because at first sight, you scared the shit out of me.'

'So you're saying it's love... just not at first sight?'

'I'm saying that I don't know what 'this' is... but right now I am the happiest i've ever been,' after a few seconds of silence I add, 'I think it could be love.'

'So do I.'

I reply with a kiss to his chin, giggle as stubble tickles my lips, then roll onto my back. Ed moves closer, his body forming an umbrella over mine as he kisses me on the nose and then, as butterflies go crazy in my stomach, my mouth. I kiss back. My hand finds its way to his face and I let my four fingers rest behind his ear as we kiss again, this time for a few seconds longer. He crawls on top of me, his knees holding him up in line with my hips. His body is a slant downwards to where our faces meet and we kiss for a long time. Neither of us speak... neither of us want to break this moment.

____

Is there anybody enjoying this story? It's starting to get lovey-dovey soon... Um, yeah. If you actually like it and are still reading thankyou! please vote, comment, follow? ok... thanks :)