Chapter 13

We were sprouted out in a circle, huddled up. I nodded my head, "alright, so I think the key to this is Francie." Everyone became confused. "Whoa whoa like dead Francie?" Troy asked.

     I shook my head, "uh no. I meant fake Francie." Mag had her forehead wrinkling, "isn't that one gone too?" I moaned, "let me just explain it. During that time we were holding hands correct?" Everyone hesitantly nodded. "But fake Francie also held hands with us, its DNA flowed between our bodies, connecting it to the wall.

     "How would you know that?" Mag asked. I shrugged, "it's just my belief." Devin smiled, "can we try it with its ash?" I frowned, "I would have to study it in the science lab and mixture some stuff that responds to it. "Truth flipped her hair, "we should try it." I groaned, "too much hard work." Mag pushed me along, "come on! Let's go try!" She smiled.

     Wow, it felt like forever since she last smiled. I could feel Zach brighten up as he saw that. I grinned, "alright, alright, you got me."

     The big bunch of black. I gulped. To think this use to he a look a like of Francie. A shard of glass on top. I slapped my face gently on the front. "God," I mumbled, "what a day."

     I put my hand through it, slowly rubbing it, making it fall down. "Alright, can I have a volunteer to hold a handful of its' ash?" I asked. Everyone looked around. Of course they didn't seem willing. Devin raised his hand, "I will." He grabbed a handful of the ash.

     I waved a signal that seemed to say, "come on," or "follow me." We ended up in the science lab.

     "Alright, put the ash under the microscope." I pointed to the corner. Devin walked towards it as the crew sat in a the empty seats around it.

     Looking into the microscope, I saw something white. I looked out and looked closely. I grabbed a bit, sniffing it. AHAH! As I thought! "Guys! Look closely there's salt mixed in with the ash. The salt creates a strong own 3D dimensional itself, letting it connect what we saw."

     I bit my lip, "but it's not enough, we need more salt." Zach's face brightened up, "in the science pamphlet, it said we were going to do an ocean experiment, with salt and other stuff." I got confused, "wait what? Why were you looking in it in the first place?"

     Zach started playing with his fingers. "Well um," he started to wave his hands over his face, "just-just was curious, just never mind that!" He blew a deep breathe, "anyways, I think there should be some around here."

     Everyone started to search. "Yo! I found some!" Called out Troy from the closet, bringing out a small bottle of salt, handing it to me.

     I took it and spread it over the ash, tapping the bottle once in a while. Looking into the microscope for about the 20th time, I said, "it's done. So all we need to so is put the ash in our hands while doing the same thing. You see the DNA of the fake Francie-"

     Mag interrupted rudely, "yeah, yeah, okay we get it, whateves, just carry on!" I clicked my tongue, "my oh my, what a rude girl."

     We put the ash into a plastic bag and brought the rest of the salt, putting it on the ash on the ground. Truth spoke up, "are you sure about this? I have a really bad feeling about this." I held her hand, "we're all in this together."

     Devin smirked, "oh in this together." Zach and Devin shared a glance and started laughing. Truth stuck out her tongue. I put my other free hand over her eyes, "let's not see this overrated comedy show." Zach pointed at us, "you'll regret this!"

     Devin grinned, "yeah! We're the best of the best." Delusional freaks I thought. I smiled and lightly shook my head.

     Troy put a bit of ash in one hand of each of us. We tried it again, imagining, hoping, sweating over this. And when I opened my eyes. I saw the image on the wall transform into our classroom filled with people. I sucked in a deep breath and gave a peck on the cheek for Truth. Next thing you know, we jumped in.