Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“You changed your mind?” Vitaly asked, sounding surprised.

I nodded at him, and took a few steps into his office.

“I’ll stay. But you have to promise to let Blaine go.”

“That was the deal,” Vitaly answered, as he made his way towards me.

“Then I will stay.”

The serious expression remained on his face, but I could see the ghost of a smile on his lips. He ran a hand through his hair, before making his way towards me.

“I’ll send him off right now. You can stay here,” he said, heading for the door.

“Wait,” I said, holding on to his arm. “You won’t hurt him, right?”

“It was never in my plans. I no longer have a use for him.”

“Were you really going to keep him here if I didn’t agree to stay?” I quietly asked.

“I always get what I want, Madeline” Vitaly said, which was the same thing he’d said before.

I nodded at him. My eyes were blurring on their own accord. I was surprised when Vitaly sighed, and pulled me into his arms. I didn’t refuse his embrace. As much as I wanted to push him away, I also needed somebody close.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes. Vitaly was running his hand smoothly up and down my arm. He had a tight hold on my lower back, pressing me closer to his chest.

“I won’t hurt you,” he said.

His words did nothing to reassure me. I didn’t tell him though, because I knew he was just going to get mad if I brought it up.

“I’ll take care of you,” he continued, bringing his hand up to caress the side of my face.

“You should go and take care of Blaine,” I whispered.

Those were the only words I could mutter. Vitaly smiled down at me, and pressed his lips against mine. Even if I wanted to push him away, I wouldn’t have been able to. He held to the back of my head and forced me to stay in place.

I stayed still while his lips brushed against mine. It wasn’t an unpleasant feeling, I had to admit that. But I didn’t want to be there, kissing him.

I wanted to go back to Blaine. I wanted Vitaly to let me go.

“Stay here, I’ll be back,” Vitaly said, pressing his lips against my forehead.

“I should go with you. I need to talk to Blaine,” I told him, in what sounded like a pleading voice.

Vitaly frowned at my words, looking unsure and slightly upset.

“I keep forgetting you two were an item,” he bitterly replied.

I nodded in agreement. It would be the only way Vitaly would let me go and clear things up with Blaine.

“I won’t let you out of my sight-” he started to say.

“I need to talk to him alone,” I stated.

“You are mine now,” Vitaly said, placing his hands on either side of my neck.

He crashed his lips against mine. I thought he was going to deepen the kiss, but it seemed like he was only doing it to prove a point.

“Blaine isn’t going to leave until I assure him I want to stay.”

“He won’t have a choice,” Vitaly retorted.