Chapter 10

My face was pressed against the window and I was following a raindrop with my eyes as it was slowly going down. I felt so Tumblr. But I was so disgusted, yesterday only, it was smoking hot and now it's raining. Why, mother nature? Why? I didn't know what I was going to do today, and since I was home alone, I first though that I would call someone to come over but then I remembered that no one would  go out of their cozy house just to come see me. Wait...maybe Kai would? I decided to call him and ask him to come over, just to see if he would do it or not. "Hi, it's Kai Weaver, and if I don't answer your phone call, it's either because you annoy me, I don't wanna talk to you, or my phone just died. In any case, just leave your message after the bip, and I may or may not call you back." Ugh I hated voicemails. I decided to leave a message anyways. "Hey Kai, this is Liz um.. I was wondering if you were down to come over to my house and chill..okay bye." I was scrolling through my Tumblr feed, waiting for a response from him, but nothing came. Ten minutes later, as I was still in my own reblogging party, I heard the doorbell ring. I ran to the the door and opened it, to see a soaking wet Kai with a pink lunchbox in his hand. Dayum..he was warming up the place...

-Are you going to let me in or are you just gonna keep staring at me? I know that I'm irresistible with this pink lunchbox but still.

-Oh shut up and get in.

He let out a little giggle and got in the living room, where he put the box on the coffee table on sat on the couch, where I quickly took place too. He opened the lunchbox and took a pizza slice out of it.

-These are just homemade, I'm sorry I couldn't get some from Pizza Hut, but it's pouring outside so I couldn't really be like those guys you see in the movies..

-Kai, I'm not asking you to be like that, and this pizza is delicious wow...and the lunchbox is cute though. I said laughing after taking a bite.

-Yea...that's my sister's lunchbox...that's the first thing I put my eyes on when I was looking for a container and I though you liked pink so why not?

-Have you made this yourself? I asked looking at the pizza like it was heaven on a lunchbox.

-My mom did. I can't cook, I'm rubbish at it!

-That's really delicious oh god. But everyone can cook, all you gotta do is follow the recipe!

-I know but I can't do that,  I always end up burning something or doing something wrong. One time I tried to cook diner for my parents as a welcome surprise because they went away on a weekend holiday, and I tried to make mashed potatoes first...let's just say that when my parents came home, they weren't really happy to see mashed potato all over the place..

We both laughed before an imaginary light bulb lit on top of my head.

-I have an idea. Why don't we bake something now?

-Haven't you just heard what I told you? I can't bake!

-You can't, but I can...I mean at least I know how to make mac and cheese so I think I could teach you a bit.

-So..we're making mac and cheese?

-No, let me find something.

I got my laptop and put it on my lap, then started looking for some fun and easy baking recipes. We had a lot of choice, but we finally decided to try some s'mores stuffed cookies. We went to the kitchen and got all the ingredients out. I started measuring the amount of sugar we needed  while Kai was taking care of measuring the flour. I raised my eyes up from my sugar to see what Kai was doing and let me just say that he poured so much flour that it was starting to look like Mount Everest.

-Kai, what are you doing?? This is too much flour!

-Are you sure?

-I'm  certain!