Chapter 9

-I'm winning this race, Johnson!

-You wish, Weaver!

We were approaching the finish line. A few seconds later, as I crossed this line, I heard Kai mumbling "Damnit" just behind me. We got off our karting cars and took off our helmets.

-You won that one.

-Yea, and nine other ones! I said winking at him.

-Alright alright miss, you won one more than I did...I get to buy you ice cream then?

-Yep, that's the deal!

I knew that he had let me win on purpose but still, I was having a great time. The date was going pretty well so far, he took me to go karting, and we were supposed to go somewhere else but I loved karting so much that we decided to stay longer. It was my first time going karting as well. We both got some cookie dough Ben & Jerry's, then decided to go to the beach. We got into Kai's car, and started driving to the beach with some Maroon 5 songs in the background. The sky was turning to a nice and peachy orange color, and a pink orb of light was sinking beneath the horizon, giving the clouds a stunning and slight shade of pink. This was breathtaking. I could soon see the calming and beautiful beach. We got out of the car and Kai took out of his car boot two blankets. We put one on the sand to sit on, and we put the other one aside, just in case it got a bit chilly since night time was coming. We sat on the blanket, Kai was hugging me from behind and was resting his head on my shoulder. I could feel his soft hair in my cheeks and his warm breath in my neck. My favorite thing in the world, a fresh breeze just came in and it was totally perfect. My eyes landed on Kai's hand, and I noticed that green bracelet that he had never taken off of his hand.

-Kai? Can I ask you something?

-Yea babe?

-What's that green bracelet that you always have on?

-Oh... his face went from all happy to all sad in a second. I couldn't see his face but I could feel it against my neck.

-I'm sorry, it's okay if you don't wanna talk about it now, I understand..

-Thanks. a small smile came back on his face.

So we just sat there in silence, enjoying the view. But it wasn't an awkward silence, it was just a soothing silence. I was feeling so good. I still couldn't believe what was happening right now. I mean, I knew Kai for like a week or something and we were already dating and it was going pretty well. But I was scared though. Scared that something happens and takes this happiness away from me, because that's just what happens every time. Every time I feel good, like I feel right now, just a few moment after, there's usually something that comes and throws my happiness away, making a room for sadness, deception, and disgust. That's how it goes, that's just how my life is meant to be. I got to the idea that I'll never be a hundred percent happy. I know it. So I just try to make the most of these little moments of happiness that life gives me, maybe from pity, and enjoy them before they're gone.

-Yo Weaver!

This voice called Kai from behind and quickly got me out of my thoughts. Kai turn back to see who was calling him whereas I stayed still. The footsteps got easier to hear as the person was getting closer to us.

-Hey Williams, how have you been buddy?

No. Oh gosh no. Don't tell me this is him. He got in front of us and I just started crying inside of me. Does Kai know him? ...how? He eventually saw me and winked at me. When Kai saw that, he decided to introduce me to the guy, without knowing I knew him.

-Nolan, this is Liz, my girlfriend.

-I knew that she was Liz, but I didn't know she was your girlfriend. he said raising an eyebrow at me.

I didn't want to look at him in the eyes and I didn't want to talk to him neither. See this was the kind of moments that I told you about.

-Well now you do know. smiled Kai.

-I do.

I wasn't looking at Nolan but I could feel that his eyes were on me. He eventually decided to leave us alone. He has been there for about 2 minutes or so but I felt like it was for hours.

-Well, I didn't want to interrupt you guys so I'm just gonna go. Kai, text me when you get home because we gotta talk about something quite important. And Liz, goodbye. And actually text me too if you have some time.

-Alright bye bro.

-Bye dude.

When Nolan got a bit far from us, Kai decided to finally talk to me.

-What was all of this about?

-What do you mean?

-You know what I mean. Why weren't you responding to Nolan? And where do you know him from?

-I should be the one asking you that question. Where do you know that fuckboy from?

-Fuckboy? What? Liz what's wrong?

-Whatever. I said rolling my eyes and getting up. I wanna go home now if you could drive me, this would be great.

-Liz what the hell is happening to you?

-Where do you know him from?

-Nolan is my childhood best friend, we got separated at middle school because I moved away and we met again not long ago when I moved here again since he's in the neighborhood. he said getting up too. What's wrong with that? Where do you know him from?

-From high school. my response was quick and emotionless. I didn't want to tell him about Nolan now, I just wanted to go home.

I ran into the car and he followed me. When we got into the car, we sat in silence but this time, it was an awkward silence. I couldn't believe that. Nolan and Kai, best friends? This must be hell. I knew that something was going to happen, but not something like that. I really liked Kai so I started trying to figure out how I would tell him about Nolan, and how we can make this relationship work, because I really wanted it to. I was lost. Maybe Elena could help me with that. I'd just tell her everything when I get home and stop thinking about it right now because it was just killing me and giving me a headache. Fortunately, the ride wasn't really long so I got home pretty quickly. Kai dropped me in front of my door, telling me that he had a great time and blah blah blah. I just agreed on all what he said because I didn't have the mental strength to talk right now. I got into the house and seeing that no one was there, I made myself some food, watched an episode of Friends on Netflix then jumped into the shower. Even in the shower, where I normally gather all my thoughts and become a philosopher, thinking too much about anything and everything, I couldn't think about anything at that moment. I got out of the shower, jumped into my bed and started scrolling through my twitter feed on my phone. I got some texts from Kai and I didn't want to ignore him since he did nothing bad so I just responded with no enthusiasm until my eyes got heavier and heavier so I decided to go to sleep.

________________________

A.P:

I just wanted to say a big thanks for 600 reads, it means a lot to me ayeeeeee you guys are the best!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT please!

Love love <3