Proposition

We ate silently.
I was in the middle of savoring the taste of bacon when the Captain spoke.

"May I ask?"

I signed and nodded.
"Are you really mute? Or simply just don't want to talk to anyone?"

I shrugged, I lost my appetite all of the sudden hearing that question. I stood when I heard footsteps approaching and disguised myself again and glared at the Captain, who noticed.

I didn't even finish my breakfast.

I moved my gaze to the door when a guard showed up, bowing to the Captain as he said we were needed by the King.

We were led again to the same throne room, where the King and the Prince were seated so royally.
If they were intimidating me, then it's not working 'cause I was still hungry..

The Captain bowed as well as the other guards to the King and Prince.
While I stood there and just waited for what he wanted from me.

"Still a rebel now are you?" The King laughed.
The Prince looked angelic wearing his white suit full of different gold badges. He had short dark brown hair, perfect jaw line and magnificent green eyes. He was beautiful. He had a vibe that didn't resemble like his father. He was still an amateur Prince for all I know.

I was standing next to the Captain when the King spoke.
"I have a proposition for you." He stated.
He ordered the guards to get out, leaving only the King, the Prince, the Captain and me.

"I want you to work for me." He ordered.
The Prince, the Captain and I were shocked.
Nobody expected that.
"Work for me as my assassin for two years and I will grant you your freedom." He stated.

I was dumbfounded. Work? For the King?
"Aren't yo- Oh! Yes, I forgot you are mute." He continued.

"What If I refuse?" I said to his mind.

The King widened his eyes unable to speak.
"I was free before you ambushed my house." I pushed the thought to him.

"So you are witch?" He concluded
I shook my head. I am not a witch. And I would never want to be a witch.
"Then what are you?" He challenged
"I am simply an old lady with a few tricks. Does it bother you?" I pushed the thought again.

He glared at me before continuing.
"If you refuse then there is nothing left for me to do than to kill you right now. I have my trusted guard next to you, with one order you'll be gone. What would it be old lady?" He dared.