Ch 4- One Hell of a Birthday (Part 1)

Okay, I will warn you, it is slightly boring at first, but please read on! It gets better! Besides, there are a few characters I think people have been waiting for....

(Thirteen Years Later)

Both Anton and Maria were very excited today. They were both dressed in their best outfits.

Anton, wearing a white dress shirt under a blue button down vest and black tailcoat that had white patches were the wrists were. A four leave clover shaped pin with a blue sapphire in the middle kept the tailcoat in place at the top. To top it off he wore black shorts. He looked like a true noblemen.

Maria was dressed to perfection. Her dress was long and colored pink, black, and white. It was covered in frills alternating from the three colors. Going down her chest to almost all the way to the bottom of her dress were two black strips with bows at the end. The bow at the center of her chest was black and white striped with a pink rose in the middle. Her hat matched her dress with the addition of a white sash that tied into a bow in the back. Her black gloves came well past her elbows. Her thick black hair was up in side pigtails and light curls at the end. The black chocker with the jingle bells she had received for her fifth birthday was around her neck, as usuall.

Neither of the Phantomhive children usually dressed this way, especially Maria, but today was a special occasion. They were both turning eighteen.

Maria was especially excited because today she could finally wear the dress she had received and fell in love with so many years ago. It she ever met Grell or Undertaker, she would have to thank them.

Maria had just finished buttoning her boots when the doorbell rang.

"Oh, they are here!" Maria exclaimed as she raced for the door.

"Lady Maria, your hat!" Mey Rin called after Maria, trying to chase her down.

Maria stopped and turned, tucking back her 'ears' and letting Mey Rin situate the hat over them. Over the years, she had outgrown the little white patches that had been present when she was born.

"Thank you!" Maria shouted, racing down the hall again.

Anton, Ciel, and Elizabeth were waiting for her at the top of the grand staircase. If you stood at the top in the right spot, not a one could see you.

"Took you long enough," Anton said as Maria passed him.

"I am sorry. This dress just took so long to put on!" Maria said, taking her place beside her father and trying to control her breathing against the tight corset. Although Maria was tall and slim, her mother insisted that a proper young lady must wear on in the presence of guests.

Ciel took Maria's arm and linked it with his in the crook of his arm. Anton did the same with Elizabeth.

Anton started to descend the stairs with Elizabeth at his side, both of them showing happy smiles. Maria and Ciel waited the appropriate amount of time and descended, as well.

Maria heard the gasp's as she walked down. All the young women in the crowd envied her for her dress and her stunning looks. Although Maria hated to hear anyone say this or even allow herself to think it, she was one of the most beautiful girls you would ever meet. Inside and out.

Maria smiled at their guests and nodded when they did. She may be a wild child at heart, but she knew her manners.

When they reached the bottom, where Anton and Elizabeth waited, Maria took Anton's gloved hand and the four of them bowed to the crowd.

Everyone who had known them since childhood could see how much they had grown. Anton was just as tall as Ciel. Maria, however, seemed to tower over her family, even though she was really only three inches or so taller than Anton. She did tower over her mother, though.