Chapter 20.

LIAM

My energy level is unmanageable as we are coming off the stage after a show, and it cranked up further by all of the fucking drama with Louis. What the hell is going on with him? Harry did his best, but Louis almost lost it so many times and then Zayn spoke to me quickly about hauling Lou off to the bus right after the last song, so we gathered around him when the gig was up and I did my hyper dance through the masses of people, and to the bus with him.

Here we sit now, me jumping on love seat of a couch with the TV remote and rocking the whole coach, and Louis silent and staring at his phone sitting at the table. In about 30 minutes we have the cover shoot, and Tease needs some time to tend Lou. He's a mess. We'll need to leave soon.

"Tommo, nudes on that phone or what? Al sextin' ya?" But he ignores me and keeps staring. "You need a drink, man? Beer? Something stronger?" I haven't seen him like this in a long time.

A rapping on the door then. "It's Denton," I hear and Louis is up like he's been shot, the door is slung open before my last bounce on the couch is over.

All I see is a rush of red and Louis is being pushed back against the door. "Denton! Damn it!" Some fucked up fan has gotten in here! "What the hell, Denton?" I yell again and I start towards them until I am startled by the fact that Louis is making no protest and is in fact now holding the red haired girl tightly in his arms. I can't speak, I'm so shocked and then suddenly Harry is flying into the little space with more rage than I've seen on him in years. I see this face, and all I can think of is how the fans think Harry is such a princess. In this moment, he's a beast. "No fucking way!" Harry is screaming. Although I realize that someone needs to stop what is about to happen, I am completely frozen, unsure of where to go or what to say because I have no idea what is going on in front of me. Harry is screaming and pulling at Denton's shirt, holding him hostage. Or maybe using Denton to keep himself in place. "Denton, bloody fucking hell!' And maybe it's because Denton chose that moment to look away from Harry's rage and over to Louis, who's own rage is starting to peek through, but before I can see it coming there's a full on brawl on the floor of our bus.  

It's hard to tell if it was Harry or Louis that threw the first punch.

I react in instinct and rush in to pull them apart.   There's yelling and I hear a woman crying and what the fuck is going on?  Denton being trained in these things somehow gets Louis and the tearful fan up and behind him.  "Get out!" Louis pleads, voice dripping in anger, sadness, and desperation. Harry's starting to show a mild shiner on his cheek and I've a scrape on my arm from the fray.

Denton repeats Louis' command with some weight behind his eyes, and Harry is enraged. It's such an unfamiliar look on him. He grabs my arm and drags me out with him.

"Get off!" I am baffled and I jerk my arm away from him, " What the fuck, Harry?"

"She's nothing but trouble, and we've got a shoot," he spits out fast, faster than it's acceptable for Harry to talk, and Tease is running towards us with her arms open "Harry! Shiner babe?" Looking at me she says, "a jacket for that arm then." It's then that I catch sight of some fucking paps. 

When we're back inside the stadium, I watch Harry stomp right up to Basil, Alberto, Preston, and the other security detail standing around, "I want Denton out," he says quietly, a bit slower, but still way too fast to be Harry. They just look at him and he notices the magazine editors approaching. His face changes so rapidly back to Harry Styles, professional charmer and fan-favorite, that I am unnerved. 

"Harry! Are you okay?" one of them gushes, using it for an excuse to touch him as they all do.

"Oh, cracked my cheek on the stage set again. Should have learned not to dance with my eyes closed by now," and that's when Leanna appears out of nowhere. "We just need a moment in wardrobe," to the magazine reps. She's grabbing my hand too, but I see that the reps are in full view of my bleeding arm. Not good.  Twitter will be a buzz about this in no time.

____________

HARRY

We walk into the dressing room and the mood turns somber, rather than lit with anger.  I rarely let people cause me a fit, but Denton was being completely unreasonable and now we have another delay for this magazine cover shoot.

I can only imagine the row that Liam and I obviously had on twitter. But I am veiled and I need to get through this shoot and find some peace and quiet. Niall and Zayn look lovely and made up, but their faces drop at the sight of us, piecing together what had happened.

"We're about fist fighting now, boys?" Zayn asks, a hint of disturbance in his usually cool tone.

"No," I say. "Tussle with Denton. My fault."

"Jesus," Niall quips. "They're supposed to fight for us, not fight us."

I can tell Liam is livid. "Who the hell was that?" He is exasperated, still unaware of what is happening with Louis and the redheaded mess maker.

"She's a complication, Liam. And after that all, I'm sure I won't be welcome to help sort it out."

"Harry," Leanna speaks my name quietly, comfortingly, and I give her my attention immediately. I look over at Zayn whose eyes are knowing.

After a bit when the only sounds are hair brushes and blow dryers and clothes rustling on hangers, Niall speaks into the silence for us all. 

"Well, this is a fine one, innit?"