Chapter 1

It's the future, and a dark future at that; the human race has almost entirely wiped itself out, waging war after war with thousands dying every day. In what used to be America, (now known as Panem) the remaining people have split themselves into 12 groups, or districts. Each district is responsible for a different element of human survival; fishing, clothing, technology, mining, etc. All 12 districts are governed by the brutally violent Capitol. The Capitol, in order to maintain control, has established a cruel kind of tournament. This fight to the death is known as... the Hunger Games. 2 tributes, a teenaged boy and a girl, are chosen from each district. Most are terrified, unprepared, and easy to kill. Some teens, however, are eager to become part of the games. These vicious killers are often known as Careers because they train their whole lives to kill. They're the ones to watch out for. The Games are over when only one tribute is left standing. This tribute is given the prestigious title of Victor, along with extra food for their District (hence, the HUNGER Games) and a pampered life. The games are enjoyed immensely by the people of the Capitol, who love choosing their favourite tribute and rooting for them. This has gone on for more than 50 years, and there seems to be no end in sight...

This year though, the Hunger Games is a bit different. It's the Quarter Quell, and that means that something extra (and often especially violent) is added to the Games. This year, there is going to be DOUBLE the tributes! But something even stranger has happened, and it will change the 12 districts forever... 

"There you are, Harry!" called Hermione, running towards me with a big grin on her face. Ron, my best friend, was behind her. 

"I saved a Chocolate Frog for you!" He grinned, showing already chocolate-covered teeth.  

"Ronald!"sighed Hermione in exasperation, "I told you to save him more than one!" 

"Oops..." He mumbled, quickly changing the subject. "Hey, we should probably head to platform 9 3/4, right? We wouldn't want to miss the train!" 

Hermione gasped. 

"The train! I forgot! We have to go Harry, or we'll miss it!" 

"We could always just take Mr. Weasley's car again." I mumbled under my breath, earning an annoyed sigh from Hermione before she disappeared into the wall between Platforms 9 and 10. Ron chuckled and then followed her, throwing the last Chocolate Frog at me over his head. I caught it and then followed him through the wall, instinctively closing my eyes. When I opened them, i was...

NOT at Platform 9 3/4. What? I saw Hermione and Ron in front of me, trolleys and all. But where was Hogwarts Express? Or all the other students? And why the heck were we in a forest? Ron was the first to break the silence. 

"Where the bloody hell are we?" Hermione was too shocked to even chastise him for his language.  

"W-well, i suppose that we're in a forest somewhere" she finally stammered 

"Thank you, Hermione. I thought we were at the bottom of a lake!" Ron retorted sarcastically. 

"All right then Ron, why don't you tell me where we are? Or even more importantly, how we GOT here." Hermione replied indignantly. Ron shut his mouth. 

"Thank you. As i was saying, we appear to have been transported to a forest somewhere, although i don't know where or how. Now, we should probably get our wands out." Ron and I hurriedly grabbed our wands from the insides of our jackets, looking around nervously.  

"Now, we should look for signs of civilization." Hermione instructed, motioning towards what looked like the edge of the forest. "Harry, you should let Hedwig out of her cage first though, and we should hide our bags. We can't carry them, but we might need them later." I released Hedwig and she flew up through the trees. I wasn't worried; Hedwig had never failed to come back before. The three of us covered our trolleys with branches, and made note of the seemingly random lamppost that they were sat by (Narnia reference! :P) Then, we headed towards the light at the edge of the forest.  

HELLO POTTERHEADS AND WHATEVER YOU HUNGER GAMES PEOPLE ARE CALLED! Tributes? Idk.

Anyhoo, I have decided to write a Harry Potter/Hunger Games fanfic! Yay!

I may or may not lose interest, just warning you... I'll do my best!

Please comment what you think, and vote, maybe?

Vote... FOR NARNIAAAAA!