Chapter 2

Today was an exciting day for everyone seeing as Blake Austin has become18, the day he takes over the pack and the day he will find the need to find his mate. I wasn't too bothered about it as it would never possibly be me seeing as I was the ugly fat girl that killed her mom, I knew for sure it would never be me. I’m not worthy to be in the same room as him let alone be his mate. 

So anyway... the day was like any normal day. I woke up at 6 in the morning and got out of bed and put on the first pieces of clothes I could get hold of, which was a black sweater, dark blue jeans and my black converse. I went to the bathroom washed my face, brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I didn’t bother with makeup seeing as I have no one to impress. Then went down to the kitchen to get started on breakfast before I got another beating for not having it prepared for everyone. By time I was finished it was 7.30 and time for me to leave for school, I have an half an hour walk to school because I don’t have a car, when I asked my father for one he laughed in my face and said 'people like you don’t need cars, you need the walk to lose the weight. So a half an hour walk it is. 

School was the usual the bullying and the name calling. I just try and blend in, be invisible but even that don't work so I just take it as it comes. 

Once school was over I walked over to my locker to get some books for my homework and that’s when I first smelt it. It was the best thing I have ever smelt, it was a mouth watering, intoxicating smell that had my wolf going crazy and I didn't like it one bit. It wasn't until blake and some members of the pack was walking past and I accidently brushed against blake I felt it. The electric shocks coursing through my body causing me to stop and gasp while my wolf purred deep with my chest and howl out one thing making it run through my mind 'Mate,Mate,Mate...'

By looking at blake's face I’m pretty sure he was feeling the same with made me smile think I have now found my mate, he will love me and put a stop to every bad thing happening to me. I stepped towards him with my arm out to touch him and he jerked back with a disgusted look on his face. 

"Don't touch me" blake sneered at me. It hurt me to know that he was acting like this when he knew I was his mate. 

"Why blake, I’m your mate" tears began to fill my eyes when i seen the anger on his face when i said those words. 

"Blake hunny, tell me she's messing around when she just said that" cassidy pouted clutching onto blakes arm batting away her eyelashes. 

'Let rip her hands off, his MINE' my wolf growled, she was pushing to the surface wanted to get out and be with our mate. 

Blake started to laugh and put his arm around cassidy smirking at me "No babe, she most definitely isn’t my mate" 

My wolf drew back and whimpered from what her mate just said. I stepped forward and reached for him again only for him to move further away from us. "I don't get why you’re doing this, you know I’m am blake please"  Tears were threatening to spill at any minute and i was finding it hard keeping it together.

He grabbed me by my arm and shoved me into the lockers hard, stepping right into my face and let out a growl low enough for only werewolves to hear. I put my face downwards as tears spilled down my cheeks.

"Look at me" he growled at me but I kept my head down not wanting to look at him and how disgusted I make him. "LOOK AT ME" he shouted at me with his alpha tone causing me too look up at him, his face was pulled into a snarl and his eyes held anger and shame, no doubt he was ashamed to have me as his mate. "You are not my mate; get that through your thick skull. Why would I want someone like you as a mate anyway? Someone fat, ugly, weak and disgusting. Why would I want a murdering BITCH!! Like you to be my alpha female? Huh? Someone who killed her own mother??" Tears were flowing fast down my cheeks and I was shaking my body racking with violent sobs escaping. This is what my mate this of me, this is what I truly mean to him. 

"You are not my mate, don’t go around saying lies because skyler you will not like what I will do to you" he whispered in my ear just for me to hear then let me go and I fell to the floor in a heap as blake walked away laughing with them, leaving me to sob my heart out. 

My mate rejecting me was the worst pain I had ever felt, the pain in my chest was unbearable leaving me to gasp for breath.

Today was the day I was rejected by my mate, the day I lost all little hope and love I had for the Pack.