eleven : like dat .✦

jacob princeton perez .

i sat up in the bed, wiping my eyes staring at the picture of my abuela .

i was angry as fuck because no one told me, she was dying from stage four pancreatic cancer .

sniffing i couldn't stop the tears it was hard trying to get over, kennedy dying but having to bury my nana .

what was more fucked up, her funeral was today .

so my family not letting me know, pissed me off more .

i slipped out of the bed, going into my bathroom .

spending atleast fifteen minutes, inside i stepped out .

pulling up my white dress, that was required for family to wear .

since my abuela told us if she died, she didn't want it to be about sadness .

wanting to remember, her and celebrate her death .

flat ironing my hair, i slipped into my red bottoms .

from : chressychres☺️🙈

i'm outside baybehboy .

i pulled up my black shades, and grabbed my keys opening the door .

locking it behind myself, i got inside of his black range rover .

" ya gud baybeh ?" chresanto asked glancing at me

" i don't know ." i said sighing softly

he intwined our fingers together, before kissing my hand .

forcing a unwanted smile, i stared out the window .

please tell me i'm dreaming .

sitting next to chresanto, who held his hand the entire time jacob leaned his head on .

his mother was escorted out along with his aunt, who broke down terribly .

he tried holding his tears, that chresanto told him he didn't need to do .

he hurt also but he knew everything happened for a reason, he didn't think it was her time but you never really know when god wants you home .

watching them lower the casket into the ground, jacob began to let things sink in .

his grandmother was really gone, and he didn't even get to tell her goodbye .

he regret not spending enough time with her, he assumed she just missed him a lot .

never did he thought she was dying, and wanted to fully say her goodbyes .

that morning they spent together was full of laughter, and singing .

he would miss just having, a simple conversation in spanish with her .

exiting the graveyard, they headed back to chresanto's truck .

" ima cum bac, afta i run a few errans an shit ." he stated as jacob reached for his handle

" alright, just use the key under the mat ."

" ight be safe, ya heard meh ?" nodding jacob closed his door

flipping off his heels, and pulling his dress over his head .