redwing

age 14

calum still won't talk to ashton. he ignores him if he ever sees him and he still hasn't been out selling peaches. ashton is tired of feeling upset over this, and he's determined to talk to calum.

when calum's mom and dad leave for work in the morning, ashton goes to calum's house and knocks on the door. he can't get his mom to say he doesn't want to see him if she's not here.

instead of calum answering, a girl who looks a couple years younger than him is at the door. ashton assumes that she's calum's sister.

"um... hi, i'm ashton irwin, and i'm calum's friend, i guess... can i see him?" he asks awkwardly.

"so, you're ashton? calum talks about you a lot."

"really?" he asks.

"yep. he never shuts up about you, and, sure, you can see him," she says with a smile.

she leads him to calum's room and knocks on his door before telling him that someone's here to see him.

calum opens the door and his eyes widen when he sees ashton. ashton sends him a small wave and calum glances awkwardly at his feet. mali tells him to man up before walking away and leaving the pair alone.

"hi, calum," ashton mumbles.

"hey, ash," calum replies.

"i have to tell you something," calum adds.

"okay."

"i sorta have a crush on someone," calum says.

ashton swears he can feel his own heart breaking, but he ignores it and puts on a fake smile.

"really. who?"

"well, you."