chapter 12

"Hey Guys" Kimmy said as she showed up at my house where me and mikey were sitting on the lawn. It was a really hot day and so we were relaxing outside. Mikey was on his phone texting which he had had a bad habit of doing lately. I once asked who he was texting and he just turned his phone away from me.I kind of just ignored the thought until now. Who was he actually texting and why?

Just then Jason showed up and threw his arm around Kimmy.

Kimmy and Jason. Jason and Kimmy, They were the perfect couple. They had stayed together all this time unlike all the other couples. Well besides Mikey and I. but anyways They seemed like the perfect couple. The kind of couple you could see getting old together, the kind of couple everyone wanted to be like.

I thought to myself 'why can't that be mikey and I" when instead our relationship seemed to hit a bump in the road. I mean this texting has gotton out of control. Who was he texting anyways? Could it be another girl? Or maybe he was dating someone else while I was in California? I was gonna find out. and it would be soon.

I got up off the grass and went inside the house and layed down and thought about our relationship and before I knew it I was asleep.

...

...

...

...

"Kalen" my mom's familiar voice called out. Her voice was the absolute worst thing to heard in the mornings.

"WHAT" I screamed back down the stairs at her as I turned over in my bed and covered my ears with my pillow, besides I didn't really care what she had to say anyways. I quickly went back to sleep but not before long I was woken up again.

"GET UP" my mom yelled this time in my room. She slamed the door after she left. I rolled over to face the window.

"OH GOD" I screamed as I saw Mikey sitting there on the edge of my bed.

"You scared the hell out of me" I yelled at him while giving him a quick hard punch on the arm.

"Sorry, Beautiful" he said before he giggled.

I sat up and looked at the mirror.

My hair was everywhere from being in a messy bun the night before and I had crashed without taking my makeup off so I had mascara down my face.

I layed back down and shoved my head into my pillow.

....

"You look good" mikey said.

"You look good....." I mocked him in an annoying voice.

"You're not a morning person I see" He said.

....

being very annoyed I hopped out of bed and grabbed some clothes and started off towards the bathroom to shower.

Mikey giggled

"What" I snapped

"Oh nothing" he said "Just admiring your pajamas, that's all'

....

Crap! I had worn some old hello kitty pajamas and a old t-shirt to bed.

.....

I turned around and glared at him. ...

"Time to have a little fun" I mumbled under my breath so he couldn't hear me.

I stormed up to him and gripped the collar of his t-shirt. I had my other fist up in the air ready to punch him.

"My late uncle gave these pajamas to me" I angrily said before letting go of his t-shirt and walking back to the bathroom.

"I..I..I am so sorry" he said sympathetically

I slowly walked to the bathroom door ignoring him.

"You're so gulible" I said laughing before slamming the bathroom door shut, seprating us.

I got in the shower and got dressed then did my makeup and then left the bathroom hoping that Mikey was still in my room.

There he was sitting there on the bed, creepy look on his face that said something was up.

"What" I said giggling.

"I found your journal" he pulled out the little booklet from behind his back.

"Oh my god." I said running and tackling him.

He quickly escaped before walking over to the corner of the room.

"Just let me finish reading the latest entry" he said laughing

I closed my eyes trying to think about what the last entry was about.

California. It was about California. Oh god no.

I stood there in shock. "crap" i mumbled under my breath.

He then began reading

"California is wonderful. It is hot and everythings just so nice." He paused

"I kissed a boy. His name was Toby."

He stopped reading.

"How could you?" he asked

"Mikey, I didn't.." I said

"save it" he said throwing the journal down and heading out the door.

I ran after him journal in my hand. we finally reached his house and I knocked on the door and after talking to Mrs. Fusco she let me in. Mikey had locked his door so Mrs. Fusco sat in the living room and I explained all to her. I explained California. I explained my situation with Mikey and texting. We spent alomost an hour talking before Mikey left his room probably thinking I had left.

"Mikey, it's not what you think" I handed him the journal.

He took it.

"read the next page" I said

While he was reading I watched his expression slowly changed from mad to sympathetic.

He ran up and hugged me.

"Mikey, I think you've got some explained to do also" Mrs. Fusco said.

We stopped and stared at each other.

"I think I know what this is about" Mikey said.