Chapter five

Chapter five:
Isac's pov

Saying those things to Lena was much harder than I was expecting and the sad look on her face had me regretting every word. Why did she have to come back now after I had made it my mission to get over her? After speaking to her there was no way I could and see sofia so I made myself busy walking around the castle like a mindless fool which i'm pretty sure isn't the most mature thing to do.

All those years of training was for this; the day when she comes back but I think it's a bit too late to play the knight in shining armour now. Something out the window grabs my attention and I take a step closer to have a look. For some reason searing hot jealousy courses through me when I see Lena sitting on a bench very close to another guy. I should have known it wouldn't be long before the guys came flocking with Lena being as attractive as she is.

Being able to take it no longer I make my way down to the garden where Lena is. Looking around I notice it is the same garden where the two of us used to spend so much time. A pang of hurt hits me when I realise that if she hadn't have left it could be us sitting together. I walk towards them pretending not to see them.

"Isac?" When Lena says my name I stop in my tracks and just look her her.
"Yes?" I answer hoping that that she will keep speaking so I can stay here longer.
"I thought you were busy." She accuses raising an eyebrow. Of course she would pick up on that, she never used to let me get away with anything.

"Sofia didn't quite meet my standards." I say dryly searching her face for a reaction that would give anything away.
"Well that's a shame." She replies back with a small simple on her face which makes me thinking that she isn't exactly feeling sorry. She always used to do that face whenever she bet me in race and was trying to make me feel better even though she could barely hold her own triumph.

Thats when I notice the guy she is sitting next to and my jealousy is doubled.
"Why does it not surprise me that you already going for your next victim." I say aiming my words at Jack, the other player in the kingdom, letting my bad mood into my words more than I intend to. Who am I kidding, I want him to dig himself a deep hole and crawl into it.
"Victim? What are you trying to say Isac, i'm sitting next to a serial killer?" Lena says sarcastically matching my unfriendly tone.
"Well casanover over here probably has more stds than you could ever begin to count Lena." I reply giving Jack a dirty look.
"Wow you're one to talk. You use the girls around here like the toilet paper you wipe your ass with." Jack fires back. I don't really care what he has to say about me or anyone for the matter but it's Lena's disappointed look that she tries to hide with her hair that has me wanting to punch every word back into his annoying mouth.
"Well as much as I would love to stick around and listen to how badly you both treat girls I think i'll go talk to people and not dogs." She tells us before standing up and storming away from us both and I can do is watch her leave.

"Look what you have done now. Just because you were a weakling and gave up doesn't mean that you can keep the rest of us guys away from her." Jack shoots daggers my way as he stands up as well.
"Anytime anyplace I could beat the living crap out of you so dont call me a weakling. Another thing, stay the hell away from Lena she is not going to be another one of your girls." I lower my voice into a threatening manner before walking away.

I almost wish that Lena was another one of his girls, the kind that throw themselves at anything remotely male and are attractive. I know deep down that is the last thing I want because I know I want Lena to be mine, like she used to be.

Lena's pov

I hate Isac. I hate him for making me feel this way. I hate him for not caring any more. I hate him for giving up on our friendship. I hate him for changing. I hate him for everything. I guess I was the stupid one for hoping that things would be the same. God he is infuriating me already.

Walking from the gardens to the forest is easy and I make my way with no trouble. Flash backs of the attack fight their way into my head as I try my best to block them out. I'm sure the kingdom has dealt with the rogue problem so hopefully there will not be a repeat of last time. It's only half an hour later I realise how stupid I am. It was a while since I recognised my surroundings and the natural light is fading from the sky fast. Damn it.

Wow, only one day here and I already have a death wish. I can only hope that if there are any strays so close to the castle they won't recognise me. Giving up after another hour of mindless walking I sit myself down on a fallen log. My disability might be that I can't shift but it doesn't mean that I don't have the heightened senses that all werewolves have. With this advantage it is easy to hear the distinct sound of movement behind me.

Turning around quickly I scan the area behind me for the source of the noise.
"Come out, I know you are there." I call taking a small step forward and trying to look calm. It takes a few minutes but finally the person in the bush comes out and reveals himself.

"Who are you?" The guy asks narrowing his eyes in intense distrust. I raise my hands in a non-threatening manner and back away.
"I'm not a problem. I just got lost thats all." I tell the guy who looks like a few years older than me, and not very happy.
"Why should I trust you?" He growls and shifts his weight on his two legs as if trying to make up his mind.
"I haven't seen you around rogue girl." He says straight after his question with another accusation.
"I am no rogue i'm just new around here, I mean no trouble so if you could either show me the way to the castle or leave me alone that would be great." I say with a slight edge to my voice.
"Shift." He demands in one word.
"No." I reply quickly leaving no hesitation in my voice because I know it won't be possible.
"Do it or I will be forced to attack." He threatens taking a few steps forward and cracking his neck in the process.

"You will not be forced to do anything." I hear another voice from behind the hostile guy with unfriendly eyes. The voice is cold and I recognise it easily.
"Isac?" I ask even though I know that it couldn't be anyone else.
"Oliver, leave and don't ever speak to the princess like that again or I will be forced to move you to a job that suits you better. Jail duty perhaps?" It is his turn to start making the threats. After he is finished talking to Oliver he grabs my hand roughly and tugs me away.

"When we were younger I knew you weren't the smartest but seriously!? Are you looking for trouble!?" He stops in his tracks and spins me around to face him with anger glinting in his eyes.
"I was just going for a walk!" I yell back in defence.
"That's how that attacks normally start, with stupidity." He talks to me like I just told him I couldn't read or write.
"Can you stop being a jerk?! what did I do wrong to deserve this cold front?" I pull my hand from his which feels surprisingly wrong to do. Something flashes in his eyes as I remove my hand and take a step away from him but I can't tell what it is.

"You left me." He says in monotone before turning around and walking away.
"I'll send someone to show you the way back." That's the last thing he says before disappearing back into the green, leaving me alone to think about those three words that sound like nothing but changed everything.

* * *