chapter four

Chapter four:
Isac's Pov

God my dad is so damn irritating! I just want to know about the stupid duties that I am going to be forced into doing. Being roalty certainly has is perks; the female attention as well the luxury but having to show up to these boring meetings with alpha's that all think that they have the weight of the world on their sholders is such a drag. Looking down at my watch I begin to count down the hours before I can blow off some steam with the unmated shewolf I met earlier. Was her name sofia? Or maybe it was ruth...eh it doesn't really matter anyway.

All I need to do now is find my useless father so the real fun of the day can begin. Hearing voices down the hallway I follow them adding haste to my walk. As I grow closer to the noise I pick out the white king and queen's voices. Since when were my parents on speaking terms with them!?

Feeling extremely curious I draw closer to them only to find five people standing in front of me. I can recognise four fimilar backs but one throws me off. The fith back belongs to a girl who is standing upright with obvious tension in her shoulders. She has long brown hair cascading down her back in messy waves and even though I can't see her face I can tell I haven't seen this girl around before.

My dad is the first to turn around at the sound of my footsteps and soon after I am met with three more sets of eyes but they arn't the ones I am really interested in. Who is this girl that can be in the direct presence of such high rank wolves? Finally after what feels like an eternity the mysterious girl turns her head and her beautiful hazel eyes meet mine. I swear looking at her I forget how to breathe and all my basic bodily functions that seemed to be working until a minute ago abandon me.

When I was very young I only saw an annoying girl that always seemed to come with a contricting arguement to me, then as time went on she went on to become my best friend who was like my other set of arms and legs. This however did not stop me from noticing how attractive she was when we got a bit older. As time grew on I felt myself looking at her when she was looking the other way and admiring how pretty and perfect she was. If I though she was attractive then, I was sure in for a shock.

Standing in front of me now is a beautiful girl who's parted rose bud lips make me want to close the distance between us and kiss her senseless right then and there. As much I want to take a few more steps and wrap my arms tightly around her in a hug that would keep her away from harm forever I know that that would never be possible. I am different and that kind of future is no longer possible for someone like me. My life has changed now and it's too late to become that weak vunrable boy again.

That will not happen. I won't allow it to. Not ever again.

Lena's Pov

It's hard to believe that the God-like guy standing in front of me used to be my best friend. His casual cotton t-shirt is slighty loose but it doesn't completely disguise the toned chest that is underneath. His cute light brown curls are gone and in their place is a mop of dark hair that particially hides his green mesmorising eyes.

His face momentarily holds a look of happiness and kindness but it vanishes like the sea washing over the sand and leaving no trace of the the sandcastle that took hours to build. His expression is now cold and indifferent. His eyes look me up and down before finally opening his mouth to speak.
"The princess finally returns." He says sarcastically, bending down in mocking bow.
"Be poilte." His father grumbles through clenched teeth.
"So it was nice meeting you and all but Debby is waiting for me in the bedroom and it would be rude to keep her waiting." He tells us looking down at his nails and picking at some invisible dirt. Debby, as in a girl? Isac is a goodlooking prince of course he has a girlfriend, it was silly of me to even concider otherwise.

"Yes, of course it would be. Don't let me keep you here." I try to not leak any of my hurt and jelousy into my words. He looks back up at me and meets my eyes again with a cruel expression.
"Trust me your not the one keeping me here, dad if you could kindly tell me my duties I could return to Danielle." He turns all his attention now to his father as though I never even exsisted, as though all those years were something he found suck to the bottom of his boots.
"Forget you duties for today, how about you show Lena around and get her up to date with things here while I talk to her parents?" His father is doing his best not loose his temper but with the red flush in his cheeks I can tell he is finding it hard.

"I would rather not actually-" He turns to me with a falsely apoligetic look.
"Sorry, your just not really my type." He says before walking off leaving us all struggling for words and me with empty feeling of loss.

I had lost my best friend.

* * *

"I'm sorry, he didn't used to be like this- well I guess you know that better than anyone." His mother looks at the direction he left in and shakes her head sadly. Had me leaving really caused this cute little guy to turn into this undeniably hot jerk? Ugh! Was life that unfair that it took me away from everyone only to have me return with everyone different?

"I think I am going to try make my own way around, by the looks of things the castle is the only thing that stayed remotely the same after all these years." I say with a slight edge to my voice
that isn't normally there. Both sets of parents nod their heads in aproval to my plan and I set off determind to put as much space inbetween us as possible. Isac, Isac, where was the idiot I left behind?

Walking deeper and deeper into the castle I found my self recognising less and less of the halls. Great, first day back and i'm already lost. Just when I am beginning to panic a guy who looks to be the same age as me exits from one of the doorways ahead of me. I break out in a hurried run and catch up to him to ask for directions.

"Excuse me but I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction?" I ask in a friendly voice and with a smile on my face that hides my nervousness. The guy in front of me has cute dimples and a mop of sandy blone hair that falls perfectly on his head. He is good looking in a boy next door kind of way but somehow I find myself wishing that it was a pair of forest green eyes looking at me kindly.
"Sure thing but in order to point you in the right direction I would need to know where you want to go." He says with a small chuckle that highlights his two dimples. To be perfecly honest I haven't actually thought that far ahead. All I want is to get to area that is fimilar, the garden should do.
"Directions to the garden would be great if you don't mind." I ask politely.
"You know what, I can do you one better. I'll take you there myself." He offers with a grin and starts walking the other way down the corridor turning back to see if I am following him.
"Oh and by the way my name is Jack and I am one of the Royal fighters." He tells me once I have fallen into step beside him.

It doesn't take long before we make it to the garden and soon we find a nice bench to sit down on.
"So princess you are finally back so it seems." He says sitting close to me and moving into a comfortable position.
"Yes, too bad not everyone is too happy to see me." I reply thinking back to the cold expression I had received earlier from Isac. He nods his head with a knowing expression.
"Isac is a hard shell to crack but i'm sure he will warm up to you soon, after all I heard you two were the best of friends once a pon a time." Jack gives me a reasurring smile and pats my shoulder.

"Too bad 'once a pon a time' was a long time ago and the prince has turned into a royal pain in the ass since then." I say with a sigh.

A/N
Sorry this wasn't that long either and it took so long to write I have had some upseting family issues reccently and I haven't really felt up to writing. Hopefully I will start writing more again soon and it will really make my day if anyone has the time to comment and vote. I hope you enjoyed reading and will write more soon.
thanks,
bus girl
xx