Chapter three

Chapter three:

Lena's Pov.
(6 years later)

I walk home from school like I do everyday with hunched sholders and messy, brown hair
flapping like washing in the wind.
Today at school I was teased again by George who seems to find amusment in seeing how long it takes me to break free of the supply closets. I swear if the janitor finds me their again I will bash George's face in, well probably not but a girl can dream right? My foster parents are great but it just doesn't feel right being here even now, after all this time. I go to sleep every day hoping to forget the world that pushed me away but as hard as I try they all come flooding back like violent waves breaking over the sea. Isac. I wonder what he is doing now? Has he replaced me with someone better, stronger?

Finally I have arrive home and a new shiny car is parked over our grey tarmat of a driveway
leading up to our rather large house. I wonder if we have visitors over today? After passing the
unfimilar car I knock on the hard wooden door. When it opens I feel a tidal wave of shock
colaspe over me which threatens to knock me off my feet.

"M-m-mum?" I stutter out holding onto the door frame tightly to hold myself up. Her clear
chocolate brown eyes look a great deal happier than when I last saw her six years ago. She
smiles gentily at me and dad appeares from behind her offering me one as well. His hazel eyes
the same as mine except with a certain glint of dark brown that makes them seem older.

"Hi sweetheart." my mother steps forward and pulls me in for a hug that feels long over due.
"What are you two doing here?" I say flabberghasted as I pull away briefly. As I say this their two
sets of smiles widen before they answer.
"We have come to take you home, you have been gone long enough."

* * *

Pulling up to the castle a feeling that I can't describe wells up inside of me. Was this huge cold
castle once my home that I shared with the people I loved the most? Isac. Would he be here
waiting for me?
"Mother, is Isac going to be meeting us?" I ask hopefully as the driver pulls the car into the
private garage. My mothers eyes widen and she looks nervously at my father before she answers carefully.
"After you left he was quite...um...angry. He has changed a lot since you were here sweetie and our two families don't talk much anymore either." She looks as though she is finding it hard to say what she wants without saying the wrong thing.
"What!? But our two families are best friends, what happened? I am sure Isac is still the same idiot as before you just can't see it." I reply strongly not quite sure if I am trying to convice myself or them.
"They didn't excatly like how Isac started acting after you left and I guess they blamed our decision on the problems. Just be careful, things are a bit diffierent." Father tells me as we step out of the car and walk towards the grand front doors leading in.

A few people who live or work in the castle do a double take when they see me emerge and I hear whispers get thrown here and there.
"Uh...did you tell anyone that I was coming back?" I say trying to ignore the blatent stares as I walk through the main rooms in the castle side by side by parents. My parents are silent for a while before they answer.
"No." Father says simply halting for a second before he carrys on walking. He suddenly stops abruptly in his tracks and so does mother. I hear them mutter something under their breaths before I notice who are standing in front of us.

Diana and Toby stand in front of me with mirrored looks of complete surprise. They look nearly the same as they did six years ago except with a few more wrinkles than they did before. Their mouths open and close with a look of disbelief.
"Is that you Lena?!" Isacs mother asks me stepping closer to me, examining my face like a strange piece of rare art.
"I was myself last time I checked." I make a pathetic attempt at trying to lighten the dense atmosphere that had come apon us like a cloud over the sun.

There is silence for a few moments before the scrill sound of a ringing pone cuts through the air. After three rings Isac's dad reaches down and answers it I can't make out the voice on the end but I try to make sense of the snipits of conversation I can hear.
'I'll meet with you later-'
'No, don't come to me-'
'That's not a great idea right now-'
'Are you ever going to listen to me and actually follow my intructions!?-'
"He hung up on me." He tells his wife with a clenched jaw.

Toby looks as though he wants to slam his phone to the floor but settles for jamming it back into his pocket. He pinches the bridge of his nose in frustation and squezes his eyes shut. His wife walks over to him placing a delicate looking hand on his sholder and letting out a sad sigh herself. My parents exchange a knowing look and I feel as though I am missing something crusial.

"He will be here any minute now." Toby tells us and everyone except me seems to know who this mysterious 'he' is. Whoever this guy is he doesn't apear to be in the favour in the king and queen. My mother, as if sensing that I have no clue what is going on decides to finally fill me in.

"Toby was just on the phone to Isac."

* * *
A/N Sorry this was short but the next chapter will be longer I promise. I will also try to write more often and quicker. I am sorry about all the spelling and grammer mistakes, I love writing but I suck at those two things so I am apoligising in advance.
I love reading comments, they seriously make my day :) If I don't reply to them its because my email for my wattpad account is playing up but i'll try to hopefully fix that. Also do you want Isac's or Lena's Pov for the next few chapters? It would be really great if you let me know. Also as much I love reading wattpad werewolf mate stories this isn't one. For the perposes of this story mates don't exsit. I hope you keep reading and enjoy.
Thanks
bus girl
xx