「05」

—Ichigo—

Ichigo

"Iiiiiiiiichiiiiiiigooooooo—" I could hear Keigo dragging out my name from the other side of the building.

All it took was a simple close-pin to shut him. "What's up, Keigo?" I asked as he slid to the ground.

            "He never learns," Rukia muttered quietly behind me

"So cruel~" Keigo whined. "I just wanted to know if you'd seen the new girl around."

I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, for a minute," I said, stepping over him to get into the classroom.

"No fair~"

I rolled my eyes and ignored him, sitting in my seat with a sigh.

"You saw her?" Rukia checked.

I nodded. "A minute or two ago. She almost ran into me."

"And?" she probed.

"And nothing," I said. "Her hodosha thing hissed at me, and she got irritated when I told her not to let it destroy anything."

"It's a hogosha, Ichigo," Rukia corrected, exasperated.

"Whatever. Why does it matter if I've seen her today or not anyway? We'll all see her in our last class."

"Well, I felt Captain Sui-Feng's spiritual pressure this morning, and I wondered if she had a run-in with Tora."

"You don't think they're after her, do you?" I asked seriously.

"I think it's a possibility," she confirmed.

"And no one from the Soul Society has said anything?"

"Not a word."

I cussed. "What the hell is with them? Why do they want a human so bad? And why didn't they ask us? Isn't that the whole point of me doing this substitute Soul Reaper shit?"