Chapter Thirteen: Heartfelt Words with Heartfelt Battles

Best chapter that I have written!(: Well, I think so......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness-A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Thirteen: Heartfelt Words with Heartfelt Battles

I turned to go back to the bridge, surely Kakashi would be there soon. But then again, this is Kakashi-sensei we were talking about. I doubt he would be here anytime soon. Possibly a few hours? If we were lucky.

"Wait." Once again, Sasuke stopped me from going back. "What?" I semi-growled. I didn't want Sakura to get any ideas, I've already had enough of her.

"Why are you acting so afraid of Naruto?  I thought he was your best friend." I sighed. So he noticed?  Of course he noticed, it's freaking Sasuke. Why did I have to hide behind him? There is always Sakur-- okay, maybe he was the best option I had. I just creeped myself out. Sakura? Gross.

"I....umm.... I have no clue what you're talking about! I was err....hiding from Sakura's! Yeah, Sakura......" I shivered for effect, praying he would believe my lie. If I were to tell him the truth, then I would certainly be put in an insane asylum. Then how would I become a great shinobi? Heck, I wouldn't even make it to chunin!

I think he picked up on my lying, but just stalked off. "Hn." Was he mad at me? Oh well, he could cry me a river, build and bridge, and get over it. Either way, I went back to the others,

The scene I saw before me was quite funny.

"What do you see in her?! She's half the woman I am!" Sakura yelled to her 'beloved' Sasuke. Oh, this was going to be good. Even Naruto joined in on the fun.

"Don't you dare talk about Hitomi like that! She may not be the nicest at the best of times, but she's my best friend and no one-- and I do mean no one-- talks about her like that. She's my best friend! The only one who ever cared for me. She's the most caring person I know. She's funny, smart, and a great ninja! And that's more than I could ever say about you." He spoke down on her, like she was nothing but scum. His words broke my heart into two. That was the nicest thing anyone had ever said about me. And I felt horrible that I was actually scared of him. Especially since he just made my day, by putting the girl, who he has been in love with forever, down.

I could've hugged him, if I wasn't scared that he was going to rip my head off. "What?! I'm way smarter and prettier than she will ever be!" Was she serious?

"I have to agree with Naruto, Sakura. Hitomi is prettier, and you have a horrible personality. She actually knows taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu while actually being good at it. You're a worthless ninja." Did Sasuke just say all those nice things about me? Naruto also looked stunned. I was glad they hadn't noticed me; I probably looked like a gaping idiot.

After hearing those words, Sakura punched Naruto over the head. "What was that for?!" he whined, rubbing his head.

"For making Sasuke agree with you. She's nothing but a filthy orphan." Naruto and Sasuke looked like they could have murdered her.  They too, were orphans. Naruto hadn't any parents to begin with. Sasuke  had his the first few years of his life before they were so pointlessly killed by someone unknown to me. Sakura--still having her parents--acted like it was our fault that we didn't have parents; family. She acted like we choose for this to happen.

Sakura was suddenly on the defensive, realizing what she had said. "I'm-I'm sorry! I-I d-didn't m-mean it!" she cried out, tripping over her words. What the hell was she thinking when she said that? Something was seriously wrong with her.

I thought that this time would be good to make my presence known. I didn't want them to kill Sakura; that was my job. I cleared my throat and they all turned around, surprise flitted across their faces.