Chapter Two- My Story

Hello. I must tell you all who don't already know that this is a book series this one being the SECOND BOOK in it. If you don't know then you are probably very confused and wonder why I'm not explaining anything. In saying that, if you are liking this story I advise you to go over to my profile and read the first book VIRES ACADEMY.

Please enjoy this story. It took a while for me to decide to do a second book but I'm glad because I'm really enjoying it. Thanks everyone who convinced me to.

I also want to say that the cover on the side was made by the talented Helvetica who did an amazing job designing it. Thanks you so much, I really do appreciate it.

_________________________________________________

Chapter Two

Sasha lay on the ground, palms flat down as she bent forward and kissed the runway.

"I love you," she called as she repeatedly kissed the turf.

With shaky limbs I descended the stairs, my hand gripping the railing in fear that my legs would give way. It had been the most terrifying experience of my life. While the power had soon come back on in the plane every passenger in the cabin had lived in fear that the plane would plummet. Only taking a sigh of relief once it'd finally touched ground.

I knew it had been my fault; the lighting I'd shot in the cubicle had somehow messed with the electricity and had caused the blackout. I had not felt guilty while it was happening, only after when I'd looked around and seem the expressions of terrified, scared, and crying people that the emotion had built within me. As soon as we'd touched ground people had fought to get out, Sasha one of the first to do so.

"Are you okay?" Joel spoke from beside me. I nodded my head, not daring to meet his eyes as I continued down the stairs. I knew that if I lost concentration I'd fall. I felt like I wanted to vomit in relief and fear. He hadn’t spoken at all about the incident in the bathroom, only given me sneaking glances that he thought I didn’t notice. But if he wasn’t going to bring up the topic I defiantly wasn’t.

Joel took that answer and moved ahead of me, going towards Sasha instead. He repeated his question to her, in which she'd looked up and gratefully took his hand to stand.

"Sasha,” I bit my lip as I came towards her. "I'm sorry."

"For...For what?" At first she was confused with my apology but then she became curiously cautious.

"I..." I looked to the sky. "...May've had something to do with the blackout."

Sasha glanced to Joel, who was listening in on the conversation. She gave him a look that told him to go away and politely he began to make his way to the terminal. Sasha grabbed my arm, pulling me out of anyone else’s hearing range.

"Did you use your powers?" She got straight to the point, something I’d always admired in her.

"I had to," I tried to explain.

"D...Did anyone see?" We were walking towards the terminal.

I hung my head. "Yes."

Sasha took an intake of breath but I jumped in before she could say anything else. "But it’s fine. Joel’s coming to Vires Academy too. He'll find out about the powers soon enough anyway. I had to do it," I lowered my voice even more. "There was something in the cubicle. A kid with the power of invisibility. He was trying to choke Joel."

Sasha's eyes widened. "There was another kid in there! Why?"

"I have no idea," I shrugged. Looking up I saw that Joel was watching us from one of the windows, following us with his eyes and a stony expression. "Come on, we better head off or we'll be late for school orientation."