The Creatures- Chapter 14

I ran off towards the direction from which I could feel the presence of the Creatures. I had to see if they were anywhere nearer to the camp.

Around 3 minutes away, I caught a glimpse of them from a safe distance. They did not sense my presence.

After running back to camp, I warned everyone of how near the creatures now were.

Everyone was prepared with guns and other weapons which resembled knives.

We waited for what seemed like forever before the creatures were in sight.

The forest was almost silent. The only things which could be heard were the creatures which were now moving closer.

When they got close enough, they looked ready to attack.

I held the gun in my sweaty palm. I had counted my bullets earlier.

Altogether, I had a dozen bullets. Blog

I had to make them count.

The monsters stared at us as if they had real emotions. They looked like they were feeling powerful.

Someone to my right fired at one of the Creatures who was closer to us. 

All hell broke loose.

I managed to shoot one between its gleaming eyes. It dropped to the filthy ground immediately.

There must have been around 50 Creatures.

I looked around in order to find a new victim.  

There stood a Creature. Something about it seemed unusual. 

Its disgusting fur was a bit darker than that of any other Creature which I have ever seen. It seemed at least 3 inches taller than any other Creature.  

Its gnarl snapped me out of my thoughts. Without any hesitation, I shot it.

I killed 2 more Creatures with ease. As I was about to kill one which was far away from me, I heard a scream which made the hairs on my neck stand up.

I turned to the direction of the scream. There lay a Woman which I could not identify due to blood covering her face; her neck ripped into shreds.  

The only think which I could think about at that moment was how grateful I was that Ella and Jay were no where near the camp.

And then I thought how I'd feel if the Woman had been Ella. I shot the monster which had murdered the Woman.

I shot 2 more Creatures who were approaching the corpse for a feast. She deserved her body to be treated with dignity.

As I turned to the right. I saw another Creature attacking Jay's friend Mark. The adrenaline which was pumping through my veins helped me to murder the Creature within seconds. I sprinted over to Mark to check if he had been hurt.

"Are you okay?" 

I asked between pauses for breath. 

Mark nodded, and then stood up carefully.

I then glanced around to see if anybody needed any help. I noticed that there were few Creatures left. Maybe around 15. However, there were also a few human corpses.

I pulled my gun up to aim for a Creature. Before I could pull the trigger, all of them stopped what they were doing and sprinted off away from the camp.

I remained baffled at the events. It was as if someone or something had ordered them to flee.

That night, we disposed of the Creature corpses, and mourned for our own losses.

-- 

*PLEASE READ*

What is everyone's opinion on the battle? I l know there was not much action in this one, however there is still a lot of the story left so therefore there might even be another battle chapter.

Please tell me whether I should keep the current cover or change it back to the way it was previously!

I apologise for any spelling and grammar mistakes. Please point them out to me if you notice any. :)

ALSO, PLEASE GO CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING STORY: ''Watch your back''  http://www.wattpad.com/story/4840816-watch-your-back