The creatures- chapter 13

I looked around helplessly at everyone who was staring at me.

If we did not evacuate within the next few minutes, there would be great consequences.

Nobody shifted.

"Please. I'm begging all of you to listen to me."

Everyone stared at me with looks of pity. Then they all returned to what they were doing before I interrupted.

I could feel myself begin to hyperventilate. Their lives depended on me. There had to be a way for me to convince them to trust me.

Two adults came over to check if I was okay. This would be the only time that I had to convince somebody to believe me.

"Are you okay?"

I took a deep breath in order to calm myself.

"I will be if you hear me out."

I could see that they were now paying attention to what I was saying. I carried on talking.

"Everytime that there are creatures near, I can always sense them. I'm not sure how, or why. All I know is that there are dozens of creatures approaching. We must leave, otherwise we will all face the consequences."

For a moment, I could see that their face expressions were shocked.

They looked at eachother for a moment before one of them spoke.

"We believe you. However, there are over 20 people in this camp. We won't be able to convince them to go."

I could feel tears gather in my eyes.

"Then we must fight."

"We will speak to everyone in smaller groups. We'll explain everything to them.

How long do we have?"

"I can't tell exactly. Anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour. It depends on how hungry they are."

The pair walked off. They immediately began to gather smaller groups.

Around 20 minutes later, the others came to a compromise. They will be ready to fight if they need to, but they will no run away. They still probably did not believe me completely.

----

***PLEASE READ***

I know that this chapter is very short and boring. It is just a filler. I am just about to start writing the battle chapter as I wanted to write it separately, it will probably be published in around 30-50 minutes.

I apologise for the many mistakes in this chapter. I have spent the whole day babysitting my brother so I'm completely tired.

If you enjoy this chapter, please support my story by commenting your opinions, voting and sharing the story with your friends.