The vanished kingdom- the hidden followers

-Authors note- 

Originally the idea for the last chapter was that it was all a scary nightmare and she was still with the new family. But thanks to a couple people, I realized that maybe that's not the most exciting thing to write, so now it's reality instead of a nightmare:D and I sorta had to replace a couple ideas I had in mind with different ones... 

Anyways, enjoy! And thanks for reading if you still are(:

*******

The past last hours had been awfully intriguing and ironic. She suddenly was with her parents after just falling asleep. How did she get to the castle? She had no idea. How did they find her? Left her in more of a mystery. Weren't the gates to  north and south Claritin closed? That meant that no one could pass between the borders. Hence, her parents were the people who made that law, so they could also bypass it. But why were they giving up their throne? As much as Audrey loved her parents, she never talked too much to them. And they kept many things from her telling her that she was much to young and would understand soon enough. And lastly, her parents had turned their heads around at her. So what if they couldn't save her even if they tried? At least they could have done something to show that they would come back for her. Shown some emotion. Or done anything, but it hurt to think that they just left her, leaving her alone. It was the sadness that seemed to seep into her when she thought about why they even came back to get her, when in the end she was left in a more devastating situation.

Audrey spluttered and coughed hoarsely, as she was choked up from being carried by the people as if she were a flimsy doll. She had been under hypnotics the last few hours. She didn't think it was even necessary to make her fall asleep since she would have passed out either way, like always. For her to pass out was like sleeping. And after she had been drugged, they had somehow transported her to the basement of a church.

She sat glumly on the grey cement floor. Shudders went down Audrey's spine as the floor and the temperature of the room was freezing. And all she had on was her under clothing from her dress, as her dress was taken off ever since she was kidnapped. She had the same white clothes on for days now, and they had dirt stains on them, as well as rips. And also, she was bind to the wall. Chains were put on her wrists and feet. After she had been at her kidnappers place, she had gotten used to all that tying of ropes around her hands. But this was even worse, since it was chains instead of ropes. And instead of she being in a small room inside of a cage, she was in a pitch black rectangular room, where she swore she saw cockroaches scramble by.

Whatever those people were planning or doing upstairs, Audrey didn't want to know of. But she was pretty sure she wasn't getting any food from the time she stayed here. Her stomach already was growling since she had been hours in the basement without any liquid or solids. She knew it would be a painful death if they starved her. But she didn't seem to care anymore. The faster she died, the more quicker she could leave this mess behind. Plus, she was pretty sure that no one would even care for her death. Everybody was against her, and her parents, she was pretty sure, would never come back for her.

She felt another spider walk by her hand, but she didn't bother to lift it. She just stared expressionlessly. It was only surprising how minutes could easily turn to hours. And yet she just sat there, no thoughts or anything. Waiting for death's doors to open, and for there finally to be a golden door instead of a locked one. But as each second ticked by, her stomach wasn't giving up, it grumbled and churned even more.

Suddenly she heard noises coming from upstairs. She breathed in deeply, maybe it was time for her actual murder. Maybe this was her faith, even her destiny, to die with no one there to even care. A small bead of tear rolled down her rough and dirty skin. She couldn't hold in any longer and she was pretty sure that a flood was gathering up behind her eyelids and ready to burst anytime.