The vanished kingdom-freedom!...almost

Midnight had already passed, but Audrey was still widely awake. She looked at her wrists that had been tightly wrapped with the rope. It was pointless shaking and squirming to get the rope loose. And even if she did get out of the rope, she still had the bars around her to worry about.

Suddenly, through the pitch black night she spotted a shining bronze thing just sitting on the small dresser outside the bars. She yelped with joy as she had found something that could have possibly led her out. She hoped it was the key, then she could open the cell bars. Only problem was, the key was outside the bars, and her wrists wouldn't be able to fit through the bars with the rope around it. She searched around the dress she was wearing looking for something sharp to cut the rope. If she still had her crown with her she would have easily cut the rope with the sharpness of her crown, even if the crown would brake. But her crown was lost with her kidnappers.

She bit her lip causing her lip to lightly bleed, then she had got it! She then started using her teeth to fight off the rope. She chewed it making it damp and some strands actually came off! Chewing the rope even harder caused some of her teeth to go loose, but it was better than losing her life. When the knot that held the rope together got chewed off, she smiled and threw the rope on the floor. Then she stretched her arm through the bars reaching for the keys. She was really close to the key when her hand couldn't reach any longer. Inches away from the key, she frantically pulled her hand to go closer, but her arm wasn't long enough. She sadly put her hand back in her lap frustrated on how close she was to get out of the cell. She grabbed the rope and started hitting the dresser with it trying to get the key closer. She had not expected anything to happen, as she was not paying close attention to the rope or key. Then she hit harder causing the rope to whip the key closer to where she was! She quickly pushed her arm out again through the bars and reached for the key. This time her hands reached the key and she happily pulled the key inside.

She got up taking the key with her and felt her way through the bar trying to find the key hole. When she did, she opened the bars revealing a loud creaking sound. Her heart skipped a beat, as she had not expected the bars opening to be so loud. She calmed herself, hoping no one had heard her, and headed out if the room. She leaped with joy as she was in the hallway, getting closer to her freedom. She snuck past the two rooms which were in the hallway. Both the rooms were open, so Audrey could just make out the figures sleeping on the bed. Audrey jumped every time she heard a loud snore. In the hallway, a small candle hung down from the dusty ceiling. The candle wasn't too bright, but was enough to show Audrey to go straight. So she tip toed until she passed the hallway. There was no light anymore where she stood, but Audrey didn't care because she knew that soon she was going to be free. She knew the rest of the way out of the bungalow.

She carelessly walked toward the door. As she pulled her hand towards the door knob, all the hairs in her body stood up. She gasped and let out a small shriek. Someone had caught her wrist and held it there tightly! She tried pulling back as hard as she could but the hand still didn't budge. Suddenly, the hand jerked Audrey closer to its body. Audrey's heart pounded loudly and she felt tears forming into her eyes.

"Yer ain't goin' anywhere sweet cheeks," then the man chuckled, completely amused by what had happened.

Audrey had recognized the voice immediately, it was Rustic. She would have been led back to her cage, with even more supervision now. Tears rolled onto her cheeks, but Rustic didn't show any affection, he plainly took her back. Except not to her usual cell, but to her new room which was far worse.