Chapter 17

A week has gone by and I am still at Alex's house. My mother has gone home a couple of times, but I don't know if she knows that I'm at Alex's house. Oh well, she lost contact with me when she tried to kidnap me. Well no she did kidnap me but I escaped, its complicated. Anyways, it was very peaceful at Alex's house. I didn't have to go to school, which was AWESOME! His mom talked to me as if I was actually part of the family; that was sleeping in her sons' room with him....

The day was peaceful; I got to read many of my books, which helped a lot. My stress level has been out of control for three weeks. Alex was home with me as well, so that made it perfect. It was maybe noon when the doorbell rang. I looked at Alex and he shrugged. He got off the couch and shuffled over to the door.

"Hi!" A girl squeaked. I got up and investigated. Alex stood shocked. I opened the door and stared at the girl.

"Hi, I'm Annabeth, can I help you?" I said gently.

"Hi! I'm Alice, an old friend of Alex's. You must be the girlfriend?" She smiled. Why was she so happy? Oh yea 'cause the world is still going on around you and no one knows about you saving the world. Duh Annabeth.

"Yes I am the girlfriend. What are you doing here?" I was still kind of polite.

"Oh his mom called me a week ago, she said I should visit soon. I guess he told you about me?" Alice shifted and looked at the ground.

"Actually I haven't heard anything, why don't you come in and we can talk about it. Would you like some tea?" I said moving out of the way for her to enter. She walked in slowly not knowing how I would react, but I smiled at her. I wanted to punch her in the face, but I smiled. She sat on the couch next to the TV and stared at me.

"Are you thirsty?" I asked. She shook her head and sat quietly. Alex took the love seat and pulled me down with him.

"So, the famous Alice, how are you these days?" I asked lying on Alex. My hand was on his chest and I had my legs draped over him.

"um....I'm okay...how are you Annabeth?" Alice stammered.

"Oh I'm fantastic. I just did my test last week, saved two girls whose family was looking for them. But it's not that big. Oh I broke your record in the test...only took 4 hours to do, still not a big deal. Oh also –"

"Okay Anna she gets it." Alex interrupted me.

"What ever do you mean?" I asked, oh this was too much fun.

"Stop. Anna I know what you are doing."

"So Alice, what do you do at Morse Peak? How long have you been there?" I ignored Alex. He frowned at me and I stared at Alice.

"I am training to be a professor, I have been there for 7 years now. Are you going to attend?" She asked in return.

"Probably not. I don't know yet, we will see when I get my test results. So lets get down to the real deal. How long were you and Alex together?" I asked, leaning up on my knees. I was sitting next to Alex now, not even touching him.

"Anna." Alex protested. Alice raised her hand and spoke.

"Alex and I were together for four years." Alice spoke quietly, yet confidently.

"Why did you split?" I asked leaning back.

"Because of you Anna" Alex spoke.

"What?" I asked.

"I explained to you a week ago, we broke up because I started getting feelings for you."

"Seriously?" Alice said.