The World's Not Waiting

"Roxanne, put on the red light!" 

The familiar line was sung by an even more familiar voice. As the chorus continued, the rest of the guys joined in for a terrible and endearing harmony. You couldn't help but smile when you opened the door, seeing the four young men singing Roxanne in the back of the broken-down van. 

Their once a beast of a vehicle (who were you kidding, it'd been a shitty thing since the start) was terribly run down. Despite the fact that it was very likely to stop working, they still used to tour. A bad idea, but all their ideas were bad. Finally, it was time for it to properly break down which to be honest, was later than you all expected which was a nice surprise.

Aside from that silver lining, the van had broken down, in the middle of the tour, in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night. It had been several hours, no luck. Everyone was tired so they decided to stop. You would've expected everyone to be pissed off and angry but here they were, singing until their lungs gave out.

Patrick looked up at you after the song ended. His cheeks turned a bright pink. It was adorable. 

"Dude, you're a rock star now," Pete laughed noticing the blush on his timid friend's face, "You don't need to be so shy, girls love you." He did a little nod at you which the heat rise to your face and Patrick's even more.

"Shut up, Pete," he whispered softly, looking both pissed and bashful. 

It wasn't your fault that you giggled at his cuteness. You earned yourself a glare from Patrick, who was obviously was trying to be intimidating but was hopelessly failing. He kept looking away while still wanting to maintain his pissed off look. His nervousness was taking over as he repeatedly took off his hat and ruffled his hair while still trying to remain angry. The guys were trying to hold back their laughter.

When he finally gave up, he slightly pouted. That only made you and the others laugh even more. His bottom lip only extended further out as they continued to tease him. His looked awfully adorable, absolutely attractive. You found yourself biting your lip as you resisted the urge to press them against his. 

Patrick immediately stopped his hilarious act as he noticed the blood dripping from your lip, reaching towards you, "Are you okay?" 

At that moment you could no longer help yourself, leaning in forward until both your lips met. They were soft and smooth. It was like heaven. His lips tasted sweet, like everything you imagined but even better. They felt like home, where you belonged, right here, with Patrick. Before you got carried away, the taste of blood brought you back to Earth. 

"Sorry," you quickly whisper as you pulled away. His eyes were wide and his face was red. You couldn't believe you just did that. He couldn't either. 

"Finally!" Pete yelled out suddenly, breaking the awkward silence between you. "I told you they were going to kiss. Joe, I want my $20 now."

Patrick shot a pissed off glance at them but returned his sight to you, eyes filled with bewilderment. The guys were still messing around so he slumped back into his seat, looking down at his shoes which were nervously shaking. Eventually, they began to sing jovially again but his eyes never left yours as you spent the night in your broken down van.

It might've been a waste of time, sitting in this stationary vehicle but the guys were here and that was all that mattered. That, and the fact that you just kissed the cutest band member in the universe.