Calm Before The Storm

It was a lazy Saturday. Waking up late with no work to do. Exams were over and all you had to do now was wait. You were worried of course, but this was now the time to relax.

Glancing over at your bag, you remembered the CD you were given yesterday. Fall Out Boy. You'd played the shit out of that as soon as you come home. The little note with their numbers on it was still inside.

Reaching for your phone, you dialled 'Lunchbox'. It was noon, he'd be awake by now, right?

"Hello?" Pete answered.

"Um, hi? It's Y/N," you replied, hoping he'd remember who you were.

"Oh! Hi! Lunchbox is still sleeping but you've got me. Anything you wanted to ask?"

"Who sleeps at this time?" You accidentally asked that aloud, causing a loud chuckle from him. "I just wanted to say a little hello, I guess? I mean, your album is absolutely amazing. I literally listened to it non-stop last night."

"Thanks," he answered sincerely. You could feel the gratitude in his voice and almost felt his smile through the phone. He always smiled anyway, how bigger could it get.

After a small silence, Pete spoke, "We've got a show today. You did promise to come to one so if you're not busy?"

Holding back a squeal, you replied, "Of course! I'd love to. That's why I called."

*Several hours later*

It was almost time to go. You were eager to see them live. You didn't get the chance to go to concerts often and something about them made you even more excited than usual.

You were early and got to see the guys still setting up.

"Did you need any help?" You asked as you watched them carry Andy's drums.

Patrick quickly turned his head as soon as your voice reached his ears. He forgot everything that he was thinking as his eyes made contact with yours.

"Hey, Y/N. I didn't expect to be seeing you here today. I, uh, we're fine right now actually," he nervously says, trying to make conversation.

You couldn't help but giggle at his adorable stumbling, making him blush and turn away. Even with his face turned, the little smile was still visible.

"Did you want any drinks?" You asked after a while of standing there, doing nothing.

Patrick suddenly jumps down from the stage and grins.

"I thought you said you didn't have money," he lifts up an eyebrow while reaching for his wallet.

You stop him by showing him yours, "I have money too! You need to stop paying for things for me."

"I'm not buying for just you, I'm buying it for them too. Come on."

He pulls you towards the Starbucks. It was a short walk and an even shorter line. No one would be buying coffee at this time, but it would be a long night and being up on stage must definitely be tiring.

He let go of your wrist to hold up the cups. You could still see the red mark he left with his nervously tight grip. You both made your way back, passing the coffees to everyone.

It was almost time and the small room was packed. They quickly finished their coffees before jumping on stage.

"Thanks for the coffee and thanks for all you guys being here. The first song is Calm Before The Storm and it's from our upcoming album," Pete announces, looking at you and then the audience.

Everyone waited with anticipation as he fixed his microphone back on its stand to grab his bass. You looked at Patrick who eyes had never left yours until then. He looked away and started to sing.

The concert was great. Everyone was dancing and screaming for them. If they knew a song, they'd sing along like you did. Joe and Pete were constantly running and jumping around the stage, their instruments in hand. Andy was shirtless and put so much power into his drumming. Patrick stood with his guitar, dancing on the stood while singing soulfully into the microphone.

You had a chance to meet up with them after the show had ended. You so hoped you would get to see them more often.