Part 6

The Brooklyn Sisters  

Part  6

by  sloanranger

"Are you of the married persuasion, yourself, Officer?" Angie asked, taking a seat next to the policeman.  Dot got the broom and began sweeping up broken glass.

Still chuckling and embarrassed, Hardiman replied: "No, no, I'm an old bachelor."

"Old? Angie began. "Assss  IF...."

"That's very nice, Ladies." 

"No more of that lady stuff.  I'm Angie and this is my sister, Dotty."

"Then you must call me, Mike."

"Mike," Angie giggled.

Dotty, rummaging through cupboards for glasses, asked her sister, "Didn't you wash dishes this morning, Angie, dear?"

"When would I have time to do that, Dotty?" Angie said, never taking her smile off the cop across the table.

"Well, dear," Dotty's answer sounded a little forced, as she washed dishes. "Maybe you could have done them when I was hanging out the wash."

"You know I was doing the marketing this morning, Dotty." Angie's voice was like honey, purring at the cop.

"I know you spend a lot of time downtown dear, but you don't seem to get much shopping done. Here we are, now."  Dotty sat clean glasses on the table and took another bottle out from under the sink.

"Thank you, Dotty." Angie smiled sweetly.            

Dotty gave her best hip wiggle as she took the chair on the other side of the cop.

"You couldn't be any older than me, Mike," she flirted. Leaning in close, confiding:

"...and I was a child bride myself."

"Oh Dotty!" It was Angie's turn to get close and she scooted her chair even nearer.

"My sister is a scream, Officer..."

"Mike," he corrected.

"...Mike," Angie continued. "I mean, she's really a clown."

"Oh, my sister's just being nice," Dotty said archly. "She's-the-funny-one."

Both women reached for the bottle at the same time.

"I'll pour, sweetie." Dotty said through clenched teeth, grabbing the neck of the bottle tightly.

"I wouldn't dream of it," Angie's grip was like a vise. "You've-been-doing-all-the-work."

"I'm getting very upset," Dotty threatened.

"I'm becoming pretty distraught, myself," her sister hissed back.

 "Ladies, ladies..." Hardiman began chuckling nervously.

The women turned in unison and glared at him.

Too late, he looks from one to the other.

Suddenly, Dotty stands, knocking her chair over, Angie follows suit.

            "Now, now, girls..." he tries.

             Then weakly...

            "...ladies...?"

                                                      The End   (maybe )

Author:

Well,  this wasn't the end of Dottie and Angie - or even Detective Hardiman for that matter -  by popular demand a sequel called: Guns Are For Show, is now posted. I hope you find it even funnier : ) 

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/7758520-guns-are-for-show