My Prince Derek Chapter 5: The Barn Beauty

"What are you doing out here?" I asked trying my best to twist out of her iron grip grasp. 

"It is none of your business.  What are you doing out here?"

"Me? Well I just had to dispose of some left over scraps."

"Huh, okay well lets go back inside together." Releasing me from her grip she picked up the shovel and cloth and started toward the gate. 

While pushing the cart behind Odette I had an over bearing urge to push the cart right over her ankles.  It was quite walking back to the house with her, and I couldn't help myself wonder what she was doing outside so late with no shoes.  Being the noisy person I am i asked her again what she was doing out so late.

"It has nothing to do with you so if you keep your mouth shut about this, then I will keep my mouth shut about your fling with Derek this afternoon."

I gasped and nodded quickly.  How did she find out about Derek and I?  I sure as hell didn't tell anyone.  We kept walking in silence till we reached the back door leading into the kitchen. 

"I will walk in first in about five minutes you walk in.  I do not want anyone thinking we actually hung out together." Odette whispered.

Odette walked in and I sat outside on the kitchen step.  If she thought us walking back to the house in silent was hanging out, I wonder what she did with her friends when they really hung out.  For some reason I just can't picture it. 

When I felt like it was long enough to go back inside I stood up gathering the rest of my stuff.  I turned around reaching for the handle, and turning it a little before it wouldn't budge.  Damn it, Odette locked the door.  Man I am so stupid that I trusted her.  So I decided to walk around the palace. 

I turned to my left and I turned to my right figuring which way would be shorter.  Which didn't take long since I didn't know the grounds to well.  I decided to go left thinking it would be shorter.  After walking for ten minutes I found this was not going to be an easy walk and also with the cart I am lugging around slowing me down I didn't know how long it would take.

I kept walking until I came across an odd smell consisting of hay and dung.  I figured I was near the barn.  My legs were so tired I decided to spend the night in the barn.  When I walked around to the front I noticed a light on inside. 

I lifted the bar holding the two red doors together placing it on the ground.  Then I reached for the handle on the door and slide it to the left.  When I took my first step inside the ground changed from dirt to hay.  The odd smell hit me like a wave in the ocean. 

I looked around the barn until I found the oil lamp hanging on a hook on a column and a boy sleeping under it.  When I first saw him I was taken aback at how handsome he was.  He had deep brown hair almost black.  His body was chiseled so I knew he worked well. 

I walked over to him hoping I wouldn't wake him; however, when I stopped in front of him he awoke.  Hurriedly he covered his bare chest with his arms, and stood up abruptly. 

"Uh hey, what are you doing here?" He murmured while wiping his eyes. 

"Oh I lost my way on the grounds so I decided to sleep here tonight.  What is your name?"

"My name is Kea, I am the animal feeder."

"Oh, I am Zita-"

"Ah so your the girl that is causing the castle to buzz."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked angrily. 

"Oh nothing, but if your going to sleep here then you make your own bed."

I nodded and went over to a ladder leaning against an opening to the second story.  I felt his eyes on me so to startle him I turned around quickly.  I was surprised to see him blatantly staring at me like a two headed ox.  I gave him a look over and turned back toward the ladder.

I lifted up my skirt and started to climb the pegs one by one until I reached the top where it was completely black.  I felt around to find it was all covered with hay.  So I crawled a little to the center, at least what I thought was the center, and laid down.  Once my head reached the wood boards I fell into deep slumber. 

It felt I slept for ten minutes before I woke up and the sun was shining through the cracks in the wall.  I lifted myself up on my elbows and wondered where I was.  When everything hit me in a flash.  I jolted up and hit my head on a ceiling rail.  I rubbed my head and walked over to the opening where the ladder was resting against. 

I peered down the shaft and not seeing anyone thinking no one was down there.  So I started to go down the ladder when my skirt got caught.  I panicked and jumped from the ladder to the ground.  Sadly my skirt ripped, and the bad part was because the lack of fabric before you could practically see everything. 

The underwear I was wearing was no help either.  I turned around thinking no one was there, but to my surprise Kea was just staring at me and started to laugh.  I blushed because of my exposed body.